FocBox Unity | Hall sensor issue | Hall detection problem

On single focbox it’s working pretty well. No issues

It’s possible the individual wires on the focbox sensor plug are swapped. For example, when I switched from a flipsky VESC to a MakerX VESC, I had to swap h1, h3, GND, and 5v. Maybe check the individual ports on the focbox vs. the unity to make sure the order is correct

I checked that. Everything is fine. I’ve tried a lot of combinations with phase wires and with hall wires. No good results :\

Hm, maybe you should try BLDC first. That might help troubleshoot/ isolate some issues. If that doesn’t work, it may be time to pull out a volt meter and start checking the VESC

How to try BLDC in FocBox Tool?

Not too terribly sure actually. I tune exclusively with the VESC tool, which may be of use to try since this may be a software issue also

I know that in the VESC Tool is position “BLDC”, but I don’t have it in FOCBOX Tool :sweat_smile:

Here is what I figured out today:

In BLDC mode: -In some configurations of the phase wires, hall detection will fail. If you swap wires and reconfigure, it should work. If it doesn’t, mess with your duty cycle -Once you have it working OK in BLDC, then take it over to FOC.

Hope atleast some of that helps.

Thank you so much for attention. Now Im gonna wait for @CarlCollins, maybe he can help me :>

2 Likes

@Buxzzix Are you available now?

I am available in this week always after 17:00 Polish time. It’s GMT +01:00.

1 Like

And of course right now :smiley:

1 Like

I am available now, inbox me if you are ready to do this

@CarlCollins is there possibility to help me today? :blush:

1 Like

@Buxzzix I am available now, I was out for the funeral of my grandmother.

Condolences

Oh my God, Im so sorry. Unfortunately, I know what you’re going through.

@CarlCollins maybe if everything is okay we can try today? But i need to know hour because I dont have notifications from this site, its complicated because of that :frowning:

I tried something new - I install brand new bootloader via STLink, and then flash software… unfortunately it did not help :C

@CarlCollins are you available today maybe? :slight_smile: