FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Dont forget by uploading a new fw, it basically resets all your settings back to factory. You must redo the motor detection and remote settings.

1 Like

Nothing in the FW changes would negatively effect performance. Something in your settings must have gotten changed.

The accel power is mostly determined by the Motor Current Max and the Battery Current Max.

On the raptor 2.0 with dual focbox these could be set to 80 motor max and 40 battery max as maximum. The Battery Current Max Regen was capped at -12 which mostly affects braking at high speed. Now with the Unity -30 is said to be safe by Bara. The Motor Current Max Brake was at arround -65 for me. I could skidd my wheels with that at slower speeds so never bothered to test the max number there.

Now for the Unity Bara advised me:

80 to the motors is a bit high. Normally, 60 is the highest I would recommend.

I would also do 60 from the battery if you want.

So I would try 60 motor and 60 battery to improvee accel. What are your values right now?

Bat discharge 70a Breaking Regen -30a Max motor 77a Max break -77a

I doubt going lower will make it more powerful. Had these settings before with great results.

Does not get worse during ride like my raptor 2.1.

@Blasto yeah, did all that from scratch

@Deodand ok good to know.

Do you have any change log of the latest update?

It’s in the app.

Anyone able to confirm if this app works with the standard unity BT module? And is it worth th money? image

Haha on that topic I was just looking at this as something to connect my iphone to on the raptor 2.1. . .

@carl in regards to the new firmware, it is much smoother on throttle during start up from zero to 1mph. Very good! I can’t wait to see where this goes over time.

1 Like

Side note, what is everyone using for your throttle curves?

Here’s what I’m about to try out. (going up from 10% on both.)

I got pitched off the front of the board during braking last night with a full backpack on, so figuring out how to use more throttle input to do less stopping.

I’d start with -20%/-20% polynomial and tweak from there.

1 Like

The exponential 25 looks a lot like the polynomial at 20, is there a particular reason?

It does not. I used a HM-10 module and it works well

Is there an app which can connect to this with an iphone?

Not that I know of, I just usually use that setting in stock FW and Normal on Ack FW.

Metr works for iPhone I believe but you need one of their adapters… I personally think that you should be able to use the built in one and not need a third party one … not sure why other than profiteering it’s essential to have a specific adapter … surely they could adjust to suit many of them…

1 Like

They should just charge enough for the app to make it worth doing.

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean?

This is what I use for a throttle curve on stock, or VESC firmware. I use -20%/-20% normal on @Ackmaniac firmware.

It has a better implementation of throttle curves than stock firmware which is why I mentioned it.

Cool. I noticed the exponential at 25% is (looks) similar to the 20 poly line, my curiosity is what could be the difference in feeling. Can’t wait to try them both.

(these boards accellerate so fast, the controller becomes an off switch lol. I want my low range control back.

1 Like