FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

The software is designed to automatically detect motor direction. Regardless of motor directionality the motors reverse conduct into the controller.

Essentially mosfets have an internal diode and any time any phase voltage increase beyond it’s dropout voltage (typically a volt or two max) They will reverse conduct. So any time any one of the phase voltage amplitude exceed a few volts they put current back into the unity. Enough current and the unit turns on and latches on if you have push to start enabled.

1 Like

Push to start works great, i just had to get used to it.

BTW your QR Code points here: https://www.enertionboards.com/focbox-unity-help-support-guide-info/

Might want to update that for people who are not on the forum – needs to point to the downloads, at least.

One other bit of feedback. The software tells you that you need a firmware update but does not really tell you to go do it on the firmware tab.

:slight_smile:

@billappleton Thanks! This is great feedback we will get this fixed in the next release and update that link.

Idk if it was already brought up, any apps for IOS ?

3 Likes

I plugged both of my unities into my computer and tried both supplied usb c cables but the unities are not connecting to my computer. I am certain that this may be a driver issue. Can someone give me some guidance on how to rectify this issue?

1 Like

Try this maybe? Haven’t run into this issue.

2 Likes

I would like to see power curve adjustments. This might be the job if the remote, but anyway Unity might be able to do it. For example, I would like more power earlier and less sensitivity at the top

Isn’t that already possible with the Focbox Tool? Not the restricted Focbox UI for easier use but the full tool.

1 Like

Screenshot_20181214-162333

The tune throttle curves button here should have what you are looking for.

Something like this would make it punchier in the low range:

Screenshot_20181214-162707

1 Like

Killer! I will give it a try

Would be very helpful if the axis of the graph were labeled, then we would know what was being adjusted thanks !

Even better if you could plot the output.

1 Like

I think left slider is X-axis and right slider is Y-axis in normal cases graphs work like that (Not sure about Polynomial Functions)

No, I mean which axis is the remote percent and which is the power output. I got it, but graphs have to have axis labeled for them to have meaning. Sorry not trying to nitpick.

X axis is the % of the throttle

Y axis is the % of the output

X axis (horizontal) remote input y axis throttle output. Kind of relying on inuition here but yeah… Could label.

The labels really cluttered the layout and made the graph too tiny. I’ll probably do an overlay tutorial at some point. Sliding the sliders reveals what they do effectively I think.

1 Like

I understand cluttering the layout. You could call out x vs y under the title.

By the way, the power curve of my new board is way better now! This is an important feature.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good idea thanks.

1 Like

@Deodand got my Unity installed and will test soon. Thing is sick! Thank you for building it! One thing I noticed while setting up in the app is that if I choose a custom voltage cutoff (say 39 and 36V for my 12S battery) it switches to 11s(while keeping custom voltage values) after applying settings, which then sways the battery percentage in the HUD making it inaccurate. Not a big deal but wanted to mention. Thanks again can’t wait to ride this thing soon!

1 Like

hmmm strange I’ll investigate and fix.

1 Like

Is it possible for to turn the unity on and off via an seperate antispark rather than the integrated one?

you can just short the pins of the momentary switch (the two white wires on the included switch) and the unit will be put into always on mode.