Footstops - yes or no

What about esk8 branded mountainboard bindings?

Just thinking for the future… :heart_eyes::innocent:

If I was going to use footstops than this is the reason why I would have one. Mostly because I’m pushing “Mongo” (what all the kids are saying these days) and I have a Jet Spud on the way :worried:.

1 Like

Hey! These are my footstops :slight_smile: I was just about to make a post about these, and I stumbled across this thread. Willing to answer any questions if you have them!

2 Likes

I have a Mini from riptide. Hit up @Alphamail, he will get you set up.

I love having it on there, I don’t use it all of the time too, I have a few different riding stances that I can shift into during my ride, my foot stop is there for harder acceleration. Its allowed me to get used to a faster board quicker and I am a much better rider now because of it.

I do feel like its a personal preference thing though, some people are going to love them, some are going to think they are the worst.

I’d say grab one from riptide, they are urethane so they aren’t that expensive, and if you find that you love it and want something flashy, grab a CNCed one from @OllinBoardCompany

2 Likes

I never thought about footstops until this one time we had a ride through a parking lot NEXT to the beach boardwalk, I went through like 20 speed bumps and luckily I looked down because after a few bumps my feet almost shifted off the deck.

I don’t have footstops now, but Hummie deck drops help and other decks uses the X-things so I that helps a bit.

Once we started making PSD FootStops I started using them and now I use them on all my setups except double drop boards and others that have a defacto foot pocket. I ride a lot at night so knowing where the front foot placement is becomes really important plus I never have to look down anymore. Since I move my front foot around a lot to set up for slides or comfort, I normally use a convex shape like the In / Out Mini, KoMotion, Out-Side or Aer-Out so I can reposition my foot around a fixed point. People that don’t move their front foot normally go for a concave shape like our In-Side or In/Out Mini which has both contours. On really short technical slide or garage Indy setups I will use an Out-Side both front and back to lock myself in the center, directly over the trucks! Let me know if you need a recommendation on which PSD footstop to use for your particular requirements.

3 Likes

Where to buy that?

http://www.riptidesports.com/psd-footstops/

2 Likes

Because I can 3d-print one I’m trying to think of a novelty shape. Like the idea of those “cogs” in the link above.

Also thinking of making it a digital button since I have a custom remote (and consequently a board/receiver on the skateboard talking to the VESC).

Possibilities!

OP posted a photo of our footstop! https://www.voxelboards.com/shop/3d-printed-footstop/

watdeheck

1 Like

I want this?