For Sale - high Quality Firefly Remote Shells. Kits and Completes coming soon

I have seen the reports of the interference problems and I think it is because people do not shield the nano’s from the RF module.

Are you going to be making these indefinitely? Both my builds are 89% done, I’d like to hop in a bit later for these.

not sure, it really depends on demand and if I can fit it round my dayjob indefinitely

1 Like

ohh mines def not shielded, how would one shield the nano from the module?

@Surfer have you ridden around any intersections with traffic lights?, i suspect it the same deal with the maytech remotes

Interested…!

you must use some metal to shield the nano both ends. copper tape will be a good place to start, see if that fixes your issues.

Is there an option for a left handed remote? Some guys hold the remote on their left hand, and the screen is on the other side :joy:

yes I can do that for you no problems

1 Like

Ooh, will definitely be ordering one, but don’t need it urgently, so will probably wait until there are more colors :slight_smile:

Ok chaps, people that want completes bear with me, parts have been arriving but you know how it is waiting for the slow boat from china…

meanwhile these shells are for sale for those that want to source and make their own remotes, or maybe already ordered a kit from elsewhere but not happy with the print quality

2 Likes

Do let us know when completes are available to order! My current remote is faulty and i’m looking for a replacement.

Is this still available for purchase?

1 Like

Still waiting for parts for completes but yes shells are still available

1 Like

I put down kapton tape then covered that with copper tape. But I still get dropouts unless I’m touching the ceramic antenna with my finger. I wonder if I can remove the ceramic antenna and replace it with an external one?

You can buy an NRF with an external antenna fitment and antenna for not a lot

ETA for kits?? and price for just the electronics? Thanks!

*edited to add words to clarify what I intended to ask about lol

I believe the prices were mentioned by him in the above replies

1 Like

I can do a full kit right now minus OLED, they haven’t shown up (they cost much so you could source one yourself)I can provide everything else you need for £50 plus postage (£55 for Nylon)

Thats everything including wires, all electronics, the mechanical parts, magnets and the shells themselves.

I also now have more ABS colours available.

Black White Blue Red Orange Yellow

I have magenta PLA too that would be ok for the thumbwheel and trigger, would look sick with black shells.

4 kits left

2 Likes

Do you have anymore kits availible?

any completes on the way in stock?