Foreign decks: grass may be greener on the other side

I start by bringing up these high-end long distance longboards with amazing looks and superb quality which could be the perfect platform to begin your new esk8 build, from German deck manufacturer 1166 Longboards:

https://www.1166longboards.com/%C3%BCber-uns/

15 Likes

the finish on those boards looks amazing

2 Likes

Yeah, striking!

Awesome boards! Cant read german!

2 Likes

Wait – on that green deck, do the back trucks not turn, only lean (a 0 degree angle) ?

2 Likes

Google Translator may help. As for the deck, we need to come out of the envelope more often. Its an amazing world out there.

Yes 0 degree angle, because those are rear trucks for LDP, they don’t need to carve, just keep pushing for 100 or 130 miles. The front trucks are a different matter, they swivel incredibly side by side to keep the pushing momentum on flat terrain. Rear ones don’t need to do that. For that matter they don’t move much, they offer the stability for the long stretch push.

0 degree back trucks sound perfect for avoiding speed wobbles.

1 Like

Yeah. Long Distance Longboarding is a completely different world. They use these specialized trucks with short hangers and long axles coupled with thick spacers. They also love to use bigger wheels, but not that big. They are content with 78 - 83 mms. Big 107 mm are not favorites. In fact, most dedicated LDP longboarders hate them because they argue those wheels are too uro-heavy for the push. Longboarders that use paddling (Landpaddling) however, love to use bigger wheels like ABEC 107 mm Electric Flywheels and 150 mm DonkBoard wheels.

3 Likes

1 small note though. These trucks are mostly for pumping rather than pushing. although you can use them for both. I want to get myself a pumper for exercise and the fun of it.

1 Like

Where did you get those wheels?

1 Like

http://www.donkboard.com/shopproducts

1 Like

i’m surprised no one has done a build with those wheels… $150 a set of 4x6" dia. complete

2 Likes

Time for another deck from across the pond that could be a potential candidate for a esk8 build…

This board in particular is manufacture by the Brazilian longboard company Bossa Boards. According with the builder:

This is the LDP38 CF model specially developed for practicing LDP (Long Distance Push). It comes with perfect wheel base and width to travel long distances. The CF denomination stands for ‘carbon fiber lamination’. The actual design allows for using least risers keeping the board low, close to the G|bomb brackets style assembly at a fraction of the price than other market competitors and much lighter. Pure LDP. Recommended for use on bike paths and spaces dedicated to leisure.

http://www.bossaboards.com/en/boards.html

3 Likes

Those boards look killer!

1 Like

Going way back, LDP meant Long Distance Pump. Has this term been usurped?

Either way those decks are gorgeous.

1 Like

LDP is used interchangeably for long distance push, or long distance pump.

You have to know the context to figure out which LDP is being referenced.

3 Likes

Those decks are beautiful! Curly and figured woods are expensive naturally so having it on a deck is just… WOAH

2 Likes

the bossaboards url is tripping my antivirus. stay safe people :slight_smile:

1 Like

That Bossa deck shape is awesome though.

7c9599881f8fad9f3775fd83709542607cdd0694

5 Likes