Four Vesc canbus wiring diagram

Could someone please providing me with a wiring diagram on how I can connect four vescs? @chaka Is this something u can help me with?

Is this correct? F_Modules-11%20(2)

TEMPLATE: F_Modules-11%20(1)

No don’t do that. You want all the CANH pins to be connected together in parrallel same goes for the CANL. Also make sure you make your canbus connections after you finish you main power connections. If you have the canbus harness connected and only power one VESC you will pop the can transceiver and possibly the stm chip.

6 Likes

Could you make a diagram ?

F_Modules-11%20(1) Hope can help you.

1 Like

@BensonYong beat me to it but here it is anyway :wink:

canbusquad1

1 Like

But also like the dating scene, length matters! The lengths and twists matter. Drv wizard and my smoked motor controllers agree.

2 Likes

I split ppm to dual can x2.

1 Like

20181107_160724 you want each vesc in parallel. so vesc 1 can L to vesc 2 can L to vesc 3 can L to vesc 4 can L Then vesc 1 can R vesc 2 can R vesc 3 can R vesc 4 can R daisy chain em essentially

The more the merrier image

4 Likes

U TRIGGER ME WITH THAT lol

1 Like

Do i need to program all the vesc?? Also,how do i power all of them??

Yes, you need to program them all, do a motor detection for each motor etc. Setup the battery current limits, 1/4 of what your battery can output safely.

Unless you have four separate batteries, then you setup each vesc just like you would a single vesc.

With four connected via can, Each VESC must have a unique ID number. 0,1,2,3 etc.

You can connect to each by selecting the ID