Franken Trucks - Would this work?

Hi there,

I’m looking for xtra wide trucks to fit my 2 SK3 6364’s in my rear truck. I’ve seen that Evolve sells spares for their trucks, including the GT strut on it’s own: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/5168/products/Screen_Shot_2017-09-11_at_11.01.09_am.png?v=1505098865

Does somebody know is I could fit this part to my current Caliber 50º trucks to truly make a frankentruck???

No they wont work together, just Get the exstended 218cal. Looks much better imo

1 Like

Understood, thanks for the input.

=)

Careful with calling the TB trucks extend calibers. They are not compatible with Caliber motor mounts. @marcmt88 makes the proper mounts to fit them though.

That depends alot on which mount you have. They fit perfectely fine on mine, without any modifications.

1 Like

Aren’t they like 1mm thicker? Some mounts will fit, specially the dual piece ones.

1 Like

Just some slight differences, but I always prefer a snug fit. Had one too many motor mounts come loose on me due to the amount of vibrations and abuse that skateboard trucks take on.

I have my own motor mounts designed and laser cut in aluminum locally, so if my current mounts wouldn’t fit to the TB trucks, I will either modify them with a file and some elbow grease, either design new ones and get them cut.

Thanks again for the inputs.

The Evole GT supercarve trucks WILL work with 6374 motors, but NOT with the Turnigy sk3 “6374” because it’s not actually a 6374. Unless you want to use skinny 9mm belts, I believe there might be a way. But it’s SOOO close I wouldn’t recommend it. For a regular 6374 it should work. I can let you know for sure in a few weeks, I am currently making one

I think @ARetardedPillow went grey trying to fit 2 sk3s, only diag would be possible if I remember correctly

My motors are 6364’s which I believe are as long as normal 6374’s… it should fit =)

That is a TKP hanger. It won’t work with an RKP baseplate.

6364s will work, just not the 6374s, tried too hard to hot them and even shaved down my motors but 6365 would definitely work.

It all comes down to if you like the dual kingpins or the regular rkp trucks, diy’s extended trucks would save you a lot of time and frustration.

Im using evolve trucks with 6374s rn, sk3s are just stiiting there. Tons of work but I love my trucks

How did you mount the motors?

A lot of time handling files

1 Like

It doesnt look pretty nor good but it works, its pretty ugly lol