Friendship ended with Evolve, now DIY is my best friend (Landyachtz Evo Falcon, 12s4p, Dual 6374)

Naw, there’s a lot of difference… Weight, hub position, etc.

Idk all that lol I can only see them

I think someone is still hung up on Mudasir.

1 Like

I have a really stupid question about the Landyachtz Evo deck. Does the “up flared” end of the board have to be the front end or could this board be ridden and the motors fitted in either direction???

Up flare gives trucks More Angle for more turning , back end is down flared for less Angle for less turning and more stability

Unless you use angled risers, it would be a very bad handling deck. Even if you did though do not forget that the Evo is wider on the front compared to the rear. So to answer the question, yes you could make it work but why?

No big reason just thought the opposite side gave more clearance for a reverse mounted setup. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah you definitely would want a different deck if you want the motors facing outwards. I tried to do that at first but the motors were too close to the ground. I ended up preferring inward facing motors.

Hey, I’m new to this and I’m planning my first build. Yours inspired me to go DIY instead of buying a carbon GT. Really cool build you put together. I’m literally copying you almost tit for tat, since I have no clue what I’m doing. Anything you would have done different? Have you tested the range yet?

1 Like

Sorry bro, I’ve been taking exams so I haven’t had much free time to respond until now.

If I could do it again, I would definitely use loctite all the screws and test every screw before they got too loose. I had problems with my torqueboards motor mount going loose because I didn’t loctite it and because the vibrations on the 107 abecs made the screws loose. I would consider getting different motor mounts, but man those red ones are sexy. I would say it isn’t worth it though because one of the mounts still came loose even with loctite, it was only until I used AT wheels that it stopped getting loose. I would also go straight to AT because now I don’t use my 107 abecs. They make the board too low to the ground, they vibrate too much on shitty roads, and I don’t feel confident going higher than about 28mph because I’m afraid that a random branch or crack would cause my to lose balance. I generally prefer AT wheels because they fix all of these issues, but abecs are for sure more fun to ride on when the roads are nice and smooth.

Range with 107 abecs: ~22 miles of aggressive riding. Range with chinese sixshooters: ~13 miles of aggressive riding.

1 Like

Oh no worries man. I wondered about the motor mounts given the tapered shape of trucks, and high rpm motors, plus vibrations of a standard skateboard. I think they make a fixed dual motor mount kit. Basically an aluminum bar between the two mounts that holds them tightly together. It’s $40 more than buying the regular mounts, but may be worth it from what you said. I already have a set of abecs I am picking up Monday, but most of the roads I will use it on are smooth. How much were your knock off six shooters? I just couldn’t stomach another $200 for the six shooters ($300 wheels). I’ll pick up some blue loctite as well. Planned on this for all the motor components, but wondered if it was overkill. Guess not. Would you have gone with the regular evo board for a few extra inches length? Or did the 12s4p battery compartment fit fine? I think the 3mm risers won’t be enough. Want plenty of clearance for speed bumps and seeuch. Thanks for the response!

Sorry, I got the knock off sixshooters from a friend, I’m not sure where he got them but I can ask, it should be around $140 or something. I would not have gotten the regular evo board, I think the falcon is perfect for me. It fits the enclosure. And yeah you’ll want some thick risers man lol, there’s someone on this forum who 3D prints those if you’re in to that.

Gonna get some 1/2” aluminum risers. Got a buddy who can probably machine them

1 Like

I would rather get rubber shock absorbing ones. They would be cheaper and make the ride smoother

3 Likes

Really? Won’t that that allow extra wash in the trucks? Planning on carving it up

I don’t think so, they aren’t super soft a squishy just or softer than aluminium

1 Like

You need to follow this

1 Like