Frugal | Cabrakan 38 | SK3 149kv Hub Motor | 6s LiPo w/ BMS

Aiming to be as cheap as possible while still performing like a beast. This will be my 2nd, making it for a youtube video and to have something for friends to ride.

Part list

Taking inspiration from @peter and all other hub motor makers. Specifically this thread.

So far we have this deck which I scored for $25. It is the inspiration for the build. http://imgur.com/RPMXTyV http://imgur.com/ueoszPi (click the photos)

6s with a 149kv will be slow…and I don’t even go that fast… :laughing:

I’m using that motor on 12s…

1:1 gearing ratio. Read the parts list, speed and range is there.

Oh its a carvon. :joy:

You mentioned cheap as possible, I have had a decent experience with the FVT ESC. It’ll save you 30 bucks or so

I have the quicrun lying around not being used from an earlier iteration of my current build. The FVT was what I would have chose.

Yes, very similar.

I’m torn on what color wheels/trucks I should use. I’m going to leave it to you guys to decided.

Based off of my deck, what colors should I go for? I want this board to be as colorful as possible.

Wheel color Please look at the trucks I put below before voting.

• yellow
  • blue
  • red
  • green
  • pink

0 voters

Truck color I’m highly considering these Gullwing Sidewindersfor the added carving action. I don’t plan on going fast with this board, it is really just meant to be a fun cruiser. I should still be able to get away with motor clearance. Should.

Anyone have experience with these?

If I don’t use these I’ll go with paris 180s. Color?

• blue
  • yellow
  • raw
  • red

0 voters

Risers gonna use luxe risers. I hear you have good experience with them, @longhairedboy?

• red
  • blue
  • green
  • yellow

0 voters

thats all I can think of for now

My god these polls :smiley: Now I understand why the server’s having issues. No question why @onloop kept it a secret for so long.

we don’t have any evidence that these polls are the cause of the problem :slight_smile:

:wink: shhhh. As long as they don’t suspect they can’t take them away

1 Like

Please document the process on your hub motors. Super interested. Are you just going to take out the shaft and put them on with epoxy and upgrade the end caps and stuff and then epoxy the wheels?

1 Like

I will most definitely document the process. I hope I can make it easy enough to where people can recreate it exactly like mine.

Expect a video maybe?

1 Like

Man, what happened with your project?

2 Likes

lack of funding and time :confused: