Full charge shelf life

So, it takes about 2 hrs to charge my main battery. If I start the process after I get home from work by the time it’s done it can be pretty late. Is it damaging to the battery to charge it the night before? I know that there is a 3.7 V storage charge standard. What I do not know is what period of time crosses over into the beginning of what would be defined as storage. I love this battery, I do not want to do anything to decrease its life. Typically it would sit with a full charge for about 20 hours before it is actually used. Thoughts?

This may help https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread.php?8936339-How-long-can-I-store-a-fully-charged-lipo&s=b815154599d046f5cc32b106cc1844ba&p=5023826&viewfull=1#post5023826 Personally I just charge before I ride if I know I’m going to go far, or just go with whatever is “left in the tank” if I’m just going on a short cruise. You could probably get away with just charging them say 3/4 of the way instead of 1/2 way as recommended by the manufacturers and not see too much wear from keeping them charged but just guessing.

1 Like

Yep, that pretty much says it all. Anything longer than 24 hours is considered storage, and then in IT said you should never store your batteries fully charged for more than a few hours. That said, unless I am going on a really, really, long skate, I should be fine using it at 50%. Plus I have a couple of little back ups. At least then I will only need to charge every other day.

Thanks @wafflejock

1 Like

Yup no problem that’s typically my cycle too usually charge every other day when I’m riding every day.