G lights ... the future?

I’m just gonna pop this here and see what y’all think. Looks amazing to me and I really like the turn signals

7 Likes

wow thats a good looking light.

I like it a lot, it doesn’t seem very bright in the video though

1 Like

Great looking light. Bright enough for the day ?

This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, November 12 2018 12:45 PM AEST.

That doesn’t seem a lot of time. Is this normal for this type or a startup?

I’m not sure, I’ve never used Kickstarter before it was just posted by a guy in the Melbourne esk8 group. It appears to be an aus based company

1 Like

I’ve got a modular kit you can throw on any board or bike coming soon too: https://intentfulmotion.com :slight_smile:

We ran some tests this past week in Chicago and it works pretty solid!

You can bring your own LED strips and connect it to the lighting module called the Amp or use one of our prebuilt kits.

In the future, you’ll be able to use gesture control for the indicators. Got some proof of concepts in the E-Skate Chicago group in fb if you wanna take a look!

https://youtu.be/bNY4nw3ixqo for an example running on a Boosted V2 deck.

Here’s it also on a Boosted Mini X:

MVIMG_20181009_192254

5 Likes

Hey guys! This is actually my project. It uses 7x5050 LEDs, so they are extremely bright!

I worked a lot on the design. I actually designed it for electric skateboards first, and then I adapted it for bikes.

The last Kickstarter project I worked on was a much smaller niche and received $400,000 with no marketing. So I’m pretty disappointed with the traffic this project is getting, especially with its mass appeal. I sent out around 100 press releases to cycling publications, but nobody’s writing about it. Yet a $100 travel pillow has no trouble getting tons of press. Go figure. :confused:

I’m in Canada, BTW.

4 Likes

Cool! I’m curious, how does it mount onto a board? By a clamp to a truck? Would be great to have a couple pictures.

1 Like

It’s a 90 angle mount that replaces the truck riser.

1 Like

@Wankerman

I’m also in montreal, is it possible to see one in action in person?

1 Like

It’s a cool product! It’s definitely good validation for me that there’s others in the space :slight_smile: good luck with the Kickstarter. If you’re looking for collaboration, hmu! Walking down the same path myself!

I backed it yesterday! :blush: I do hope it withstands vibration. I had something similar but that one lasted 3 rides :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I am sorry to break this to you but…

The problem is that similar product already exist… https://www.amazon.com/Meilan-X5-Automatic-Wireless-Rechargeable/dp/B075PYDN5V/ https://www.amazon.com/Nkomax-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Intensity-Accessories/dp/B07H9TXM19/

I am sure your light will be great (if you manage to have enough backers to manufacture it), and I am sure you worked really hard for it, but I am not sure that the market is as big as you thought…

Good luck though! (I feel bad now, for been the bearer of bad news)

2 Likes

Yeah but the cool and unique part is this has gps turn signals, it indicates when cornering without the need for a second remote. It also has cool patterns and different effects

I bought this one (the top one, although the remote was different) and thats the one that broke after 3 short rides. Rattles apart…

I agree, the G-light sounds definitly better. Better colours, better build, I like the accelerometer function (although I think the blinker should be turned on before turning and not while turning, but you need a remote for that). I’m just saying, that might be the reason why bikers mags are not as exited about it as we are. And that might be why it’s so hard to reach the goal…

I still have a lot of respect for the work done!

I asked you a question via pm, if you answer it I will maybe buy your product. I will post it here again, because you haven’t answered in a few days.

Will I be able to use the G-Light as front- and backlight without the turnsignals being opposite? Aswell as synchronize one remote with two G-Lights? For example:

AwfulPaintSkills AwfulPaintSkills.png800x600 59.3 KB

Is this possible?

-Jonas