Genesis, has anyone heard of seen these?

The safest, surest way to rebuild a prebuilt and have it work again is to buy standalone ESC, remote, and motors combo from the vendor of your choice and reuse the rest, which is essentially the battery, BMS, and deck. You will need to be sure that if the motors you buy come without the truck, that the motors will fit onto the rear truck you have, or make sure the motors come with the rear truck.

Anything else and you won’t have any guarantees of the stuff working together.

An example of who you can buy those items from is ownboard as they sell the aforementioned components separately.

Make sure before you head out on this journey that the battery tests good, because it would suck to buy all the other stuff only to discover the battery is no good, and you might as well have just bought a new or used complete board.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Thanks Chopper, hoping to figure out how to get this thing going as-is before venturing out on a build. Total noob here but would like to expand my knowledge without tapping into the kid’s college savings…:rofl:

My advise comes from having been in the same situation and making the mistake after mistake by trying to replace one component at a time. It ended up being way more expensive (just multiple shipping adds up) and time consuming (order, wait for the slow boat from china, rinse and repeat).

Save yourself the frustration.

1 Like

Duly noted, figured I’d at least go for replacing the remote to see if that worked, and since it’s a thread about Genesis boards maybe someone would know what was wrong with it.