Gold Rush Run (eskate cannonball run) Jan 27th - Sacramento, CA

*Sorry to post this here, but after some time trying to post in the events section I gave up. It appears I don’t have the rights or the section is locked. Anyway, just delete or move if needed.

Saturday January 27th 2018

Do you and your electric skateboard have what it takes to survive a grueling 30 mile race in the real world (filled with bandits and traffic) and beat the competition to the local watering hole?

Location: From: 38.578037, -121.507762 - Near Old Town Sacramento To: 38.686130, -121.179147 - Pete’s Brewery in Folsom

Description: This is a 30-mile wildwest style cross-country eskate cannibal run, following the path of the lawless early Californios who discovered gold in them there hills on January 24, 1848. In celebration we will follow in their footsteps and in the spirit of those early lawless men.

RULES: Open to all Choose your own course One electric skateboard per entry One rider per entry No battery charging during the race Swappable batteries ok Helmets recommended 1st to finish a pint of beer at the destination wins

Elevation Change: /\UP - 308 ft /Down - 115 ft

Want Prizes? Are you an interested Sponsor? Email me at [email protected]

5 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.club/ thats where events are

Is that a different website I need to register at? Maybe that’s why I am confused, lol

same same but different lol

1 Like

I vote to keep it here.

2 Likes

god dammit i would own this. too far away…

1 Like

yea keep it here. Nobody is on esk8 club

3 Likes

Start one up where you live, see if you guys can’t push the ranges further.

1 Like

Oh great, now I have to completely rethink my setup.

4 Likes

So if you’re under 21, there’s no way you can win?

I think exception for the under 21 would obviously be in order.

Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll add something.

Great news guys! Eric from Shredlights out of San Diego CA has offered up a combo pack to the winner! That’s 80 bucks of waterproof lighting that mounts on any skateboard, guaranteed to reveal those pesky bandits in the woods and increase safety stats by 10 points!!
https://shredlights.com/collections/electric/products/copy-of-esk8-combo-pack

So now if your under 21, you have one less step to win? haha

Make them drink a pint of water or something, haha.

2 Likes

if you’re under 21, you automatically enter a challenge mode in which you have 5 minutes to figure out how to scam a beer, and if successful, you can still take the cup. During that challenge mode, people over 21 must pause drinking then compete with each other with full mugs if the challenge mode fails.

7 Likes

Well see how many people have what it takes soon enough, the weather looks to be holding. Temps slated to be in the 60’sF…I’m working on getting some vehicles at the finish for us to shuttle back and a support car for the stranded, lol…

2 Likes