Good and cheap 6 inch Pneumatic wheels?

This is the correct answer, now, in the past, and in the future.

2 Likes

No itā€™s not true. Of course I can get good quality cheap. But occourse it will not be the cheapest

If you donā€™t believe that the wheels are good then please come with alternatives. I would appreciate wheels that can fit on 180mm trucks

Its all about finding the sweet spot for Price to performance. But esk8 is odd because The more expensive stuff are actually worth it. (I donā€™t know if trampa is worth it)

3D printed ones for cheap and good wheels with a bit of DIY thrown in: -

psychotillers hubs are in my opinion the best, theyā€™re shiny and chrome :slight_smile:.

Nothing wrong with Trampaā€™s products, itā€™s a reasonably big company and his stuff is quality. their products arenā€™t to my own personal taste but in the end itā€™s about what you want.

3 Likes

What the forum tested and how the response was:

good so far and the cheapest: @Maxid Ā“s printed hubs with good gummies

good and not pricey: trampa wheels

everyone loves them but not for the bugdet: @psychotiller Ā“s 6shooters

2 Likes

buy some 6shooters from @psychotiller

I would but its to expensive with shipping and tax from US to denmark

hit up kugyā€¦ @Kug3lis

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/fatboy-solid-core-hub/46781/36?u=cobber

follow the linkā€¦ he has billet hubs for less he is just about to releaseā€¦

eu side too bro

actually better I think :wink:

Iā€™m on his waiting listā€¦

3d printed hubs looks like a good way to go for me, since i have some good 3d printers and alot of experience printing. What kind og tires should i buy? i would like them to fit on a 180mm caliber

They need to be 6x2, @Maxid found these a while back: -

Which i also ordered and canā€™t fault them. Have a read through the full thread, thereā€™s everything you need on it.

1 Like

Yes it been alot more clear to me now and i have the 3d printed part as my primary way forward. But i would still like to check the options.

What do you think of this?

Tire wise they are exactly the same - hub wise these will not fit standard axles as the bearing to bearing distance is too wide.

Good to know thanks.

So now my big decission is either to use 6 inch wheels and 3d printed hubs.

or

Find some 8 inch wheels with mountrain board trucks?

What do you guys think?

Those bearings are not rubber sealed (also indicated with 2RS), thus more susceptible to dirt/water ingress.

The acceptable mountainboard trucks start at a price range of 70 euro (MBS or Trampa trucks). Due to the axis length, you are limited to their specific wheels and perhaps a selection of scrub/next hubs if you use your own bearings.

Iā€™m gonna machine some rims/hubs, but donā€™t know what tyres to buy, really any that have a 6 in od are good for me because I will size the rim to the inside, but would like to find something decent. Any recommendations appreciated, for tyres that are somewhat light and donā€™t have too much rolling resistance and for tubes that fit that tyre. Also what is the right size is for the inner hole, for a press fit with skateboard bearings? Thanks in advance for your reply.