Good but cheap esc

Hi, the single also support 10S, break the 6S and 7S bridges, then you will got a 10S version.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. But they’re selling the dual capacitor one. So they have the same marking like the single capacitor one? (i.e. 6s 7s labels)

For anyone interested in the esc’s I have allready sold them both

I’m still not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you mean the dual motor esc at the top of this page, this is the picture on the ebay listing.

forgot the position 1, this was the old version of dual ESC. there’s on position 1 now. I am the ebay seller.

Yep. That’s the one. Thanks. There seems to be two versions and I was looking at the other one. For reference. Not sure what the difference performance wise.

Cool. I would ask @dickyho, it’s his listing.

this one is not good as my one, it use cheap MOS, not so good to support big current, and not durable as my one.

Thanks. Appreciate the advice. Learned a lot today :slight_smile:

Hey @psychotiller how are these realistically?

Considering this for the potato with a max usage of 10-15mph at most.

Not looking for power really, just good enough to throw a cheapie slow board together. But not have stupid braking like a car esc…

Might bite the bullet snd try it for $56 bucks for a dual with remote…lol it’s either that or throw focboxes on $56 vs $300…hmmm

Started a new group buy for something similar but slightly higher end:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/ownboard-esc-and-hub-motor-group-buy/49783?u=predatorboards

Do remove if this isn’t appropriate.

They arent as bad as all of the RC car esc’s but if you try to push them they get pretty hot Braking seemed alright.

1 Like

I believe the max is 25a per motor, not 50 :wink:

Is it possible to change any settings on these cheapos, or how would you limit current? Fuse?

A follow up to @Deckoz question (and @telnoi’s answer). The battery pack I’m getting has peak discharge current of 30A, Max. cont. discharge current of 15A and rated discharge current of 10A (10s3p). Should I replace the BMS (the 50A one maybe)? Any recommendation? Thanks.

Wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

i know one good esc are 20% discount selling now, cost not more than USD40now.

link it, so we can judge!

Hi to all, maybe somebody knows? is there any kind of problem for the esc ( Ebay dual drive, three speed version) when pushing the board without battery attached?

These esc have push to start. When it turns on it makes a beep. If your battery is dead it makes and you ride the board it will still beep as if though it’s about to start but it won’t. With mine, it’s fine to free ride, you just hear this annoying beeping every few seconds when it’s trying to push start from a dead battery. The only issue I really have with these esc is the delayed cutoff of acceleration. Sometimes when you stop pushing the throttle, the wheels will continue to spin for a few seconds. It’s easy to get used to but it seems to bother some riders a lot.