Good Not Too Expensive Hub Motors for First Build?

I have a pair of never used hub motors here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/eu-dual-90mm-hub-motors-trucks-front-wheels-never-used-120-shipping

For hobbyking mount you need their trucks 30$, just change the bushings. Then add two 5s 3ah zippy 34$. Add hobbyking vesc for 60, cheap longboard for 30 and Tupperware box for enclosure. And there you go, cheap 250$ esk8.

Youā€™re right, sorry. Good luck with the project though.

How much do you think shipping to Canada would be? Because Iā€™m actually quite interested

The HK mounts are compatible with Caliber II trucks, which I must prefer rather than some Chinese origin trucks that are probably casted with impure aluminum that will inevitably fail. Buy once, cry once.

@RotiiK, shipping is ā‚¬60. Itā€™s because it weighs almost 5kg in total.

Yeah, I was hoping itā€™s end up under 210$ CAD, if the shipping wasnā€™t so expensive Iā€™d buy em

Yeah I was looking to get caliber trucks

Tell you what, they are yours for $240 CAD including shipping. Thatā€™s the lowest I can go.

I got the banggood hubs last week. I rode them a good amount over the weekend. They are good, and are a steal at that price. I ran them on a 10s2p pack (am trying to keep weight down), 2 focboxs, i probably couldā€™ve just used DIYā€™s Vescs for this but used what i had on hand. I set up canbus style, 15 amp batt max to each vesc and 30 amp motor max to each motor. I am about 180 lbs and the board responded well. The hubs were torquey, and fast enough, i didnā€™t measure speed, also the hubs didnā€™t get hot at all. This setup is not as fast as my dual belt drive but is fine nonetheless. All in all i was pleasently surprised by these hubs. On a side note, the banggood hubs look identical to Maytechā€™s hubs. The hubs came already attached to the truck hanger and i noticed some very slight wear on the hardware, which leads me to believe these hubs are maytech refurbs. Also, I cannot get the hubs off of the trucks, I wanted to dissassemble but even with significant force, I canā€™t get the axle nut loose. I guess itā€™s been loctited or something. I may put a torch to those nuts (lol) at some point and see whatā€™s cooking inside but so far I am pretty satisfied.

My hubs are not tightly on the trucks. There arenā€™t any locktite or anything. All i had to remove is the normal bolt on end of axle. But then my hub bolts are very tight and bad, canā€™t twist without rounding the bolt head :smiley: But i donā€™t need to look inside anyways until iā€™ll need to change the rubber. By the way, have you got the hall sensors working with VESC?

Yeah, Iā€™m really sorry but Iā€™ll have to pass

yeah, had to solder bullet connectors and sensor connectors.

Interesting. Do you have a picture?

I mean, VESC detected the hall sensors right away withour any extra circuitry etcā€¦?

yea, once i soldered correct connector and ran hall sensor detection in vesc, all was good.

1 Like
1 Like