Hall sensor pin numbers

I have bought one of those 5065 140kv motors that look like the Evolve ones. They come with a sensor cable with a 5pin plug. My car ESC however has a 6pin plug and since it is a HK ESC I can’t find a manual that would explain this.

Has anyone an idea as to what I need to do in order to connect the 5 wires to the ESC?

The 6th is a temp sensor which some motors don’t have. There is a thread by @Jinra that goes through how to connect the 5pin motor lead to the Vesc. Search it

So you mean this one?

Looks like it is just the same as this then:

From https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9061&start=225#p327960

That means I’ll need to find out polarity on my ESC and then just connect the +5V to the 6th instead of the 5th pin - should be doable.

1 Like

@Maxid please post some feedback once you have tested them :wink:

Yes, i think you will need to make some sort of adapter so one pin (the temp one) is left out.

hi Maxid looks like I have the same problem as you:did you find a solution?could you tell more about it? thanks

This instruction sheet is kind of confusing. Most of the time, red wire = 5v. Black wire = Ground. white wire (some times missing, making 5 wires instead of 6) = temperature sensor (you can ignore it if your motor doesn’t have a temp sensor). And then three other wires (their colors don’t matter and you can connect them as you wish as there is no polarity). Those are Hall sensor cable and they are detected automatically when you run motor detection in using VESC tool.