Has anybody bought a battery pack from dhgate

Does anybody know anything about this battery

https://www.dhgate.com/product/diy-12s4p-43-2v-12ah-518-4wh-electric-skateboard/424274730.htmlimage

1 Like

DO NOT BUY!!! THAT IS THE FAKEST WEBSITE EVER! I BOUGHT CLEATS ONCE AND THEY were vinyl

1 Like

lol, c’mon…

china is where everything is bought from, and to OP it’s legit… post the link please

edits: just saw it, nvm

If you can use PayPal or another form of protection I’d say do it and when it arrives, test it to make sure it’s legit. If it passes open it up and make sure the connections are good and can handle enough current. After all that I would say put it into your board.

If any of the tests fail fix it or send it back. You don’t want your house to catch fire… well I know I don’t

1 Like

I would avoid packs from China all together strictly due to their lack of QC. You can cheap out in a lot of areas when building a board, but not the batteries.

3 Likes

Free shipping to Aus…18650 battery pack? Is anything free in this world

There are plenty of reputable builders on the forum. Lot of mucking about to reverse things even with PayPal guarantee. Surely any tampering would void warranty.

Think I’d be giving the Dingo Dangly a call and see if he knows a guy.

1 Like

Someone should buy that and strip it. For science.

1 Like

They claim to use Bestech BMS and Samsung 30q. If that’s the case then this is a pretty good deal with free shipping. I’ve purchased stuff from DHgate in the past and not had any problems with the site itself.

Still there are two underlying questions:

-Are they making false claims about whats inside? -Are these assembled well?

buy cheap and you will buy twice, and actually spend more money than just going legit

1 Like