Has anyone moved the on off switch on a TB battery pack

I’m sure someone has done it as so many of you are building battery packs from scratch… but for a guy who is just getting started on his first build… trying to figure out if there would be a somewhat straightforward way of moving the switch on a TB battery to the side rather than the bottom…

P.S. what are those two USB port looking things on the pack?

Thanks!

Haven’t moved my switch on my TB pack, but those USB ports are for charging any USB device. (5V 1A probably) Can charge your controller, phone, etc. @plasteroid

1 Like

Cool - do you do anything to keep it getting dirt, grime, and the occasional splash up in there?

Screenshot_20180703-113316~2 You could use these for the USB ports.

1 Like

I have a similar pack, been thinking about doing the same thing. I may tear into it this weekend if I have enough heat shrink to put back on it. I’ll let you know what I see.

Cool - look forward to seeing it.

I was also thinking of making a cover for the hole in the enclosure. Using something like this that slides open and closes…

2 Likes

Not sure if this will help of not. Your pack is more like my TB’s 12s3p with the USB ports and such. The battery in the picks is a 12s4p with no USB ports. If they are made in the same factory you may find a similar layout.

Maybe these will help a bit. It all the pics I took when I opened it up. You will find some hot glue for sure. The switch is soldered through the plastic panel. It snaps in from the outside. Then they hot glue the back side. If you can get the glue off you can pull it though. My switch was soldered to the BMS board no connector. I believe they covered the solder with hot glue as well to keep the wires from vibrating and breaking the solder. Doesn’t mean they are the same though.

All the best and good luck.

![image|666x500 (upload://7VduYGeo4facDwrVy9DWURpYHH9.jpeg)imageimageimageimage

2 Likes

I have always wanted to see the inside of these torqueboards packs, thanks! It looks like they are using a single fairly think nickel strip to connect the cells. This probably has electrical transfer concerns but I guess their pack isn’t designed for high amperage anyways.

1 Like

This one has a 30amp BMS. I just ordered a 60amp from supower cause I think it’s too small. His new 12s4p packs have 60 amp bms’s confirmed by Dexter.

2 Likes

Hey I was also thinking of a cover for my tb enclosure did that plastic cover work?

Haven’t done it yet. Been too excited just riding around… will let you know.

2 Likes