Has anyone NOT had issues with the Winning Remote?

Yes I agree completely, an industry standard fail-safe for all esk8s over a certain rating would be ideal. Some security/safety software that all VESC’s or alike are outfitted with that prevents unpredictable motor behaviour at the moment of reconnection (if/when a rider’s remote becomes disconnected), as this behaviour “could” become life-threatening under certain conditions.

Although as you say NOT becoming disconnected in the first place is really what we’re shooting for. I know Boosted added a second bluetooth channel which seems highly logical, could we not design something similar using our radio connections?

My Winning is certainly interfered by my GT2B.

I did a bench test on the weekend. Switched on board and winning remote, light push on the throttle (don’t push it too hard on the bench!) and breaks work - no issues. No enclosures, the receiver is far away from any cables.

When I then switch on my GT2B remote, the light on the winning receiver goes out and I loose connections. I don’t even have to push the throttle or anything on the GT2B, just switching it on in the same room is enough to heavily interfere with the Winning.
Connection comes back eventually, but throttle and break are very unreliable when the Gt2B is switched on. When I switch the GT2B back off, everything is fine again with the Winning.

Vice versa there is no interference, the signal of the GT2B is not affected by switching on the Winning.

The Winning is not so much winning any more for me … going to “mad scientist” more GT2Bs.

1 Like

@mrjonnyjones yo dude, check-out the comment above ^. Maybe your Mini remote (as similar to GT2B) was what caused that Sunday disconnect of my Winning remote after all, you were skating right next to me when I lost connection remember? So I’ve got the GT2B arriving tomorrow now (couldn’t wait;) and the Mini arriving anytime 7 - 14 days from now as its coming from HK. Guess I’ll test them both and see which functions better. If it’s the GT2B I’ll buy that mod kit…

That’s pretty shocking… and I kind of feel bad now as, essentially, the interference made you fall off your board! We’ll do an experiment when you’re back up and running on the sea front dude, we’ll try the GT2B and the Mini remote when my Mini remote/board is present.

hahaha no I wasn’t insinuating there was any intent Brother :slight_smile: and we don’t definitively know for sure, don’t feel bad, this stuff happens! So I’m planning on greatly reducing my boards power while I test out these new remotes just so if it does cut out and come back we don’t get a repeat of Sunday lol. Once all configured and my faith in it is raising I’ll incrementally raise the amperage/power etc. New plan! You down for another Sunday beach cruise, assuming weather is nice?

1 Like

Totally down for another cruise! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m fairly convinced it’s the remote itself and not the receiver. The receiver was changed out with a gt2b receiver and paired with the winning remote, and the problem still occurs. I’m guessing power issues with the remote, maybe needs some caps? Not sure.

possibly. I’m sticking with steezes for the forseeable future because its the most reliable one i’ve tried besides the GT2B signal wise and i can’t use the GT2B because it vaguely resembles a gun. Basically anything with a trigger is off limits for now because of the way they’re shaped. The only issue with the Steezes is the stupid little momentary switches on the front of the PCB that can snap off or blow the backs out on impact if the remote lands just right. I’ve fixed maybe three of these now and its a very, very simply fix.

I’ve started experimenting with different ways to reinforce the buttons before i send them out now. I have a glob of hot glue in one, and resin in another, and i’m also trying to find a beefier switch with the same footprint that could be a drop in replacement.

You should try out my benchwheel remote. It’s been bullet-proof for me so far. Plus it has 2 throttle modes and 2 sets of PWM pins for split servo wiring without having a servo Y-cable (just need 2 servo cables)

1 Like

i just googled that, they have them on AliExpress. It looks pretty tough. How dos it handle being thrown?

You found it on ali? I haven’t it seen for sale anywhere which is why I’ll be offering it on here in a 2ish months. I fell directly onto the remote once and it’s all scratched up now, still works fine.

The newer “winning” remotes (without the “winning” logo on them) has a separate antenna soldered to the PCB in the remote. Reception is much better that way.

Not sure this is the problem with current winning remotes as I’ve soldered an external antenna on both receiver and remote and had the same issues as well.

You might be right - it could also be that they changed somethings on the SW/protocol side too. The PCB looks very familiar to the Enertion one.

i’m thinking bolting this to the board will resolve the connection issues.

14 Likes

What is this adjustment screw for?

1 Like

Hahaha pretty much. So what you are saying is I should turn it and break something.

It’s to trim the throttle

1 Like

Thank you. I was going to hook up bldc tool and see what happens with pulse width display. Just didn’t want to make remote worse than it is.