Help me with motor mounts

Honestly… 12mm belts are plenty especially since im assuming you’re under 150lb.

Basically yes, all because I can’t read or count

Thy don’t make it easy, their drawing on aliexpress shows the can length excluding the nub.

Personally I don’t like belts but that would probably be okay, margins are still tight, I’d get a mm for each wall and or total clearance

Yeah, I got bamboozled

Why may i ask?

I used them a lot in robotics and they always were a pain…its kinda irrational since I know I can do it without issue but even still the look is just kinda sad…they just feel anemic

I am currently f’ed in the A because i have dual sk3’s and it doesnr fit the 218’s… so imma ying yang them for science… already did dual diagonal.

Does a diagonal front and back drive feel different?

It has a tendency to torque steer under heavy acceleration or braking. Hit the gas and it’ll veer one way, hit the brakes and it’ll go the other. You can compensate, but it feels funny. Also you end up with long wires, either battery or phase, which can somewhat increase the chance of damage by voltage spikes.

(This is regarding one motor per truck, not two motors on the same truck but staggered.)

1 Like

Hmm…I leave my trucks REALLY loose so that’s probably not a good option for me…I’ll end up all over the place

Did you get that truck model off of grabcad?

Its a hella tight fit and I need to tap the wheel sprocket to accept the bolts, but here it is…sorta… image 9.4 Butt Stallions of power and the entire thing is less than 10in wide

Paris trucks and ABEC flywheels are from GrabCAD, the screws and chain are from McMaster-Carr, I just made the rest…got that dual unit mechanical caliper for measuring parts

Ah okay, that makes sense then.

If it’s off grabcad, it’s my 180mm wide model for. The Paris trucks.

Get yourself some 195mm Paris trucks. They handle equally as well and will give you proper clearance. Trust me, this will save a ton of headache and it’ll save you money in the long run. If you want one or two trucks, I’ve got some lightly used black 195’s with your name on it.

Currently you’re running on 0 space left lol.

Color me impressed, the model is hella nice, I crossrefrenced it to mine and its dead on

How much would you sell a pair for?

Sidenote: the flywheel hole pattern will NOT work with a #25 ANSI chain of 23 teeth or less

Thank you I tried my best :innocent:

I’ll give em to you for the shipping cost, they’ve just been collecting dust since I got some calibers… They’ve got a few scuffs around the bolt holes and some light paint scratches on the hanger, hope you don’t mind.

Nothing a sexy matte black paint job can’t fix :wink:

IMG_20190130_215931

3 Likes

You have no idea how much I’d appreciate that! With 16mm I could put on anything from 12mm belt to duplex #30

Also scratches and scuffs are nothing, the bottom of the board is covered in salt so its not like its noticeably, and those hardly count as scratched

@Skunk trucks were sold to @J0ker3366

2 Likes