Hey there, I have been building an electric skateboard on and off for about 2 years. I have some free time, so I have decided to finish this once and for all. This is my first ever project like this. I have listed all of the details below.
However, I have a few problems which I haven’t been able to fix so far.
- Sometimes, the motors do not spin concurrently when accelerating.
- The motors vibrate uncontrollably before beginning to spin when reversing.
- The remote is very sensitive , pushing it up or down slightly results in full speed spinning of the wheels on the skateboard. I have tried calibrating it on the remote, however there is no difference.
- The remote doesn’t show the correct battery percentage of the skateboard.
All of the issues are shown in the Youtube video.
THE PARTS USED:
Motors: Flipsky 6374 190KV 3250W Motor Link
Remote: Flipsky Screen Remote VX2 Pro Link
VESC: Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 Plus Link
Battery: Slick Revolution Urban Range – 6S4P 25.2V 12Ah 302Wh Link
Deck: Slick Revolution Urban Carver Deck Link
Wheels: Evolve 97mm wheels (Not exact, but very similar) Link
Motor Pulley Set: Banggood Kit Link
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE PARTS:
Motors: Flipsky 6374 190KV 3250W Motor
- Max Power: 3250 Watts
- Max Current: 85 Amps
- Max Volts: 12S
- Max Torque: 8Nm
- Motor Resistance: 0.05Ohm
- Recommend ESC: 3-12S 50A (FSESC4.12 50A or FSESC 6.6 60A)
- Weight: 1.9 lb / 0.86 kg
- The motor length:74mm
- The motor diameter: 63mm
- SHAFT: Diameter 8mm, 32mm length, 3x3x20mm keyway slot.
- Motor Wire: 130mm silicone 12AWG wire with 4.0mm Gold Bullet Connector Male.
- Wire configuration:
- Blue = A
- Black = B
- Yellow = C
- Wire configuration:
- Stator: 0.2mm thickness lamination japan steel
- Magnet: N42SH high temp curve magnet
- BLDC Motor
- The number of pole: 14
Sensor Wire: Standard RC Sensor Wire JST-ZH 6pin 1.5mm pitch
- Internal PCB with 120 Degree Hall Effect Sensors.
- Motor can be used with or without a sensor. Sensorless operation is most common.
- VESC Sensor Wires required to use with VESC.
Remote: Flipsky Screen Remote VX2 Pro
- Color screen
- Option choice for km/h and miles/h
- Option choice for FSESC and other VESC( FOCBOX)
- 2.4Ghz band width
- Real time data reading and 0.95OLED display
- Support 3 speed modes
- Support cruise control mode
- Remote and E-skateboard power indication lights
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Wrist strap
- Battery last for 12 working hours
VESC: Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 Plus
- Firmware:3.40 (Keep upgrading if FW is updated)
- Current:50A continuous/single, 100A continuous/dual ,burst 150A/single, burst 300A/dual
- Voltage: 8V-60V (Cells: 3-13S LiPo,Safe for 3S to 12S LiPo，Voltage spikes may not exceed 60V! )
- BEC: [email protected]
- BEC type: Internal driver support
- Modes: DC, BLDC, FOC (sinusoidal)
- Timing: Software calibration
- Cutoff Voltage: Programmable
- Frequency: PWM input
- Programming card: No
- Reverse: Yes
- Regenerative braking power: Yes
- Motor wire:12AWG
- Power cable:12AWG
Battery: Slick Revolution Urban Range – 6S4P 25.2V 12Ah 302Wh
Samsung 30Q 18650 cells
I think the problems may be due to the remote. It may be faulty or broken and causing issues. Should I buy a new one or is there another way to solve the issues? Please let me know below
I am in the UK and due to the time difference I might not be able to reply quickly since I am asleep.