Help with awkward 10s4p battery pattern.. look ok?

IMG_4133Finally almost have my first battery figured out… I’m will fit a 10s4p in an enclosure I made for a jet spud deck…

I still have to solder 8 positive to 9 negative with the black wire 9 positive to 9 positive with the red wire to complete group 9, then spot weld the top two 9 positive’s to the bottom two 10 negatives with the nickel strip, and 10 negative to 10 negative with the black wire to complete group 10

Hope this made sense

I’m going to be wrapping group 9 and group 10 separate with kapton tape

This may seem like an dumb question but again this is my first battery build ever and my brain is kinda fried and its late but I’d like to spot weld the top two 9 positive’s to the bottom two 10 negatives with the nickel strip so I can then solder on top of that… also on groups 1 through 8 I have 4 connections with nickel strip going from the negative to positive… and on group 9 and 10 I only will have two… that should be fine right? I hope that makes sense too…

The wire that connects groups 9 & 10 does not look beefy enough to handle enough amps without getting hot. What AWG is it?

Other than that is looks ok, I would say.

It’s 12awg… I’ve seen people use this on 10s5p before so I figured it was enough… should I go 10awg? Thanks so much!

Oh ok, it looks thinner in the picture. 12 AWG should be, but you will always have lower losses with thicker wire.

thanks! here is what it looks like before bmsFsp4kisURGmG5AomFxVLzw

1 Like