Help with DIY electric longboard setup?

What do you do with short circuit protection and HV and LV protection. Did you make your board with 18650, if so how did you design the batteries? and what fuse do you use?

Thank you btw again for your help. I hope i dont ask to many questions

How do you plan going 48T on wheel pulley on 83mm wheels?!? Pulley itself is like 82mm…

Edit: Oh, OK, it is 3M pulley. Your eBay link is broken in the first post…

I will use this setup. https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-Kit-Parts-Pulleys-And-Motor-Mount-For-80MM-Wheels-p-1146629.html?

Its the easiest for me

Yes, as long as it is 3M it will work just fine. My mystake was thinking it was a 5M setup :slight_smile: Not sure about the quality of that kit from BG but let us know…

I have ordered some extra belts just in case. The metal is fine, its only the motor mount im a bit concerned about. Its only 2mm thick at the thinest. However its solid steel. Do you think it would be a problem? I am concedering buying a 0.5mm solid steel plate at taking myself many hours to cut out.

that kit looks acceptable. although I’m more for making my own…

it wouldnt take hours to cut your own bracket.

How thick do you think it would need to be? and what tools would you use. I dont have acces to some of the heavy duty automatic metal cutters

did you no watch my video? hack saw and hand file.

Ahh that was your video, cool. How thich was the metal you uesd?

I used 6mm aluminium

1 Like

Go 10S5P with some 30Q, 25R or HE2 cells

Yep that is exactly what i though i would do, just with the LG HE4 insted of the HE2? Why do you think the HE2 is better?

They are just cheaper typically, and only 500mAh less but it’s preference.

Hi i found this esc. It can be programmed via computer. I was just wondering, is this as good as a Vesc?

And can you recommend some good 80-83mm longboard wheels? I have looked at the Orangutange Kegel. But they are quite expensive

It can accomplish some of the same things but with much less accuracy. VESC is still recommended

1 Like

And as for wheels look for ABEC flywheel clones.

Great but i need some 80mm or 83mm. 90 mm is to big for me.

Okay but why is it diffrent? And where do you find the best and cheapest Vesc? i found a Maytech for 109 dollars.

Maytech is fine if it has a bootloader. Trust me, save up a bit more and get a VESC. Diyelectric has VESCs for $99 I believe