Hi guys. This is going to be my first build and it’s going to be a dual motor build. I have everything set. I’ll connect both VESCs together with this Vesc Can bus Conncetor. I’ll then connect both vescs into this Dual Vesc XT90 Connector which will then go into my on/off switch and so forth.
My issue here is with configuring both VESCs. I’ve watched and read every tutorial I can find but I’m still not quite sure about the dual vescs. So here are my questions:
- How do I select which VESC is master and which is slave. In the BLDC tool? Where is the option?
- Should the master vesc be the one that is connected to my receiver by my male to male servo connector?
- Does it matter which vesc is master and which is slave?
- Which settings should I select in the BLDC tool to configure both vescs? Should “Send status over Can” be ticked on both vescs? Should “Multiple ESCs Over Can” be ticked on both vescs?
- Should my settings in the BLDC tool be identical for both vescs?
If necessary, can you please tell me the steps I need to take to get both vescs running together and correctly? Thanks.
I think that’s all. Please be specific and slow with your answers I’m still new.
Thanks for the help guys. Glad to be part of this community.