Help with Focbox firmware / bootloader upgrade [VESC TOOL]

Well they are (vesc-x) versions but Vesc tool shows the HW version on both as 410

Don’t you choose hw version when flashing?

Unfortunately with Vesc tool when you go to flash the HW version is bunched together. 4.10, 4.11, 4.12 no was of selecting just one.

Do you have hw 4.10 or 4.12, it should be printed on the pcb

I will have to pull them from my board

I will need to check when I get back home. Thanks for the help so far ive ordered the STlink. If worst comes to worst can you help me out locally?

Yeah that’s not a prob

Ok so picked up the STlink then went to Microcenter today and they actually have Male to female 9" jumpers which fit perfectly. And was able to flash the bootloader -> then was able to downgrade to 2.54. Looks like I am all set thank you for helping me @scepterr

1 Like

@Enigmacpl03 Hey Christian, how did ya wire the jumpers to connect the focbox to the stink ?

Guys, I just flashed my brand new FOCBOX’s with the firmware included in the Ackmaniac-ESC-Tool. All was going well and I was going through the standard motor setup wizard and was running through the resistance parameter test when on the first test both FOCBOXs stopped working and are no longer powering on. Please help, I freaking out about them being fried. I just bought these things for $280. How can I get them back on?

Prior to running the resistance parameters in the wizard, I set the voltage limits to Min voltage 8V Max voltage 57 Battery cutoff start 35V and Battery cutoff end to 33V on my 10S3P SPACECELL BMS. Is this fried? How can I get them to power up? Any help is greatly appreciated

When you plug it into the computer are you still getting the connection sound?

You need to make jumpers or buy them from microcenter or Amazon but you would connect them here.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have found the problem. It looks like the 40A fuse to the BMS blew out. I hope this is the only thing that blew out hopefully because its a very easy fix. I’m running to the hardware store now

Hey!

Did you ever figure out why the vesc didn’t take the new firmware? I’m having the same problem.

@okp or @anyone have you guys figure out how to connect the STlnk to a Focbox?

of course; I used a STLINKv2 to revive some of the FOCBOX that I had challenges with. Worked fine.

Can you give me the instructions?

I acccidentally flashed the HW48 firmware can’t go back to v4.12

Upload the 4.12fw via the custom fw tab

I downloaded this firmware:

Uploaded the firmware through custom file tab:

Then still on 48 hardware:

Load the bootloader first… looks like the original got overwritten

I uploaded the bootloader:

Clicked "Yes"and got this error:

So I used the @ackmaniac esc tool, which had the matching ESC tool for the wrongly updated firmware:

Waited 10 seconds, but nothing happened, I had to tunrn off/on the board and connected the ESC tool again, same HW:48 version :sob: