Help with Motor Pulley and Motor not fitting (Torqueboards Motor) (Fixed - User Error!)

Thanks for the reply

What do you mean by a 3 inch pulley to limit damage?

Thank you for the reply

I want to try removing it with your screwdriver method, however Iā€™m worried that if I damage the pulley or the motor they will be useless or unreplacable from support. How sturdy is the motor shaft/motor? Iā€™m worried I might bend or break something.

It would be much less of an issue to buy a new pulley than a whole new motor

Gear/pulley removal tool

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Inch-3-Jaw-Gear-Puller/dp/B06XPP5BGD

Had this issue. Its common. Its the keyway seat on the shaft. Basically its more narrow at the top than it is at the bottom. Very easy to fix- take a small file and break the edge along the upper perimeter. Key should then fit.

Guys go out and get your self a belt sander itā€™s invaluable to esk8 building. I got mine at harbor frieght for $65 it was so worth it.

3 Likes

No luck with the pulley remover tool, it kind of broke the pulley actually pulleyu

What type of pulley puller are you using and where is it grabbing the pulley? It should be pulling from the bottom surface closest to the motor and not on the flanges.

At a time I didnā€™t have a pulley puller and used hammer and a sheet of metal with a slot cut in it.

This principle

1 Like

Did you follow @Eboosted method on his video?

Then use pulley remover.

What teeth motor pulley is that? Iā€™m sure I have an extra laying around. PM me your address.

Edit: you should grip the motor pulley from inside, it can still come out (what was said above!). Heat it up.

Praise this forum!

The pulley remover tool worked!

I did kind of ruin that top part of the pulley motor but getting a spare is no problem!

I had the pulley remover on wrong the first time as many of you saw, I was originally unable to get it to fit all the way on the pulley. But my tool had a part at the end that could actually come off, making the stem shorter and thus able to completely fit the motor. dumb me for panicking.

Thank you guys Iā€™m such an idiot <3

1 Like

Iā€™ve now sanded down the key slot of the pulley and it is fitting perfectly able to go on and off.

1 Like

If you havenā€™t already send us an email and weā€™ll send you a new motor pulley.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I always go back to @Torqueboards, best customer service ever

@queue_together I suggest you change the title to something less aggressive against torqueboards

1 Like