Hglrc-FLPSKY Smart Anti Spark Switch

I used those under the rain. So far so good. They have rubbers at corners. If the awg is thick enough it’s pretty tight. I’d say it’s splashproof for sure. The amps must be slightly higher than needed. They will trip at steep hills otherwise. The lever is on and the button trips the lever so it’s off. You don’t need antispark using a breaker.

1 Like

You don’t need antispark using a breaker.

Are you sure? The thread I linked was a discussion about how you would by using a button, and no-one corrected the guy.

I think I would have a go with using a button as well. I would like something a little tidier than a loop key (also I ordered a breaker before thinking it through :slight_smile: ).

No​

I don’t know if this is true. You’re still going to have a massive multi-thousand or more ampere pulse right on contact which should eventually eat up the contacts because each time it’s operated a tiny amount of the metal is being vaporized into the atmosphere.

The thing is, it just might last long enough you haven’t noticed yet.

If it really does work, I’d be impressed.

1 Like

I am not electrical engineer. I don’t know how good or bad they are. I have been using them on my ebikes for the last decade and for several years on many of my esk8. I replace them only when the buttons wear out. Never fried them so far,neither my ebike controller or vesc. Any professional opinion is better than mine of course. I talk about my own experience. They work. At endless-sphere there’s many people using breakers. I don’t think they use secondary safety solutions either, at least they didn’t tell about It.

2 Likes

care to explain?

The “S” part of the XT90S is a resistor inside the female plug. The side marked positive with the green stripe on it has two rings inside. It relies on the fact that as you are inserting the plug, one ring makes contact sooner than the other ring. In the short time while only the first ring is connected, there is 5.6 ohm power resistor inside which is wired in series with the pin. This starts charging the capacitors with the resistor in series to limit inrush current. As you continue to push the plug in, the second ring makes contact which shorts-out the resistor and now it’s connected as a normal XT90.

So the “antispark” part of it is only while you are actually pushing the female into the male. If it’s inside an enclosure already plugged-in, it’s exactly the same as a regular non-anti-spark XT90.

20190217_132922%20(copy)

9 Likes

I didn’t realize that one pin was shorter than the other. I just assumed the resitor would come into play when voltage was applied.

1 Like

The ones provided by lee and some i’ve built myself

So I got one of these breakers. I have a reasonably good understanding of electronics but when I see voltage ratings I get confused. Apart from a potential “breakdown” voltage, it’s all about the current, right? ~48v is not going to jump much of a gap.

Despite your warnings about the FLPSKY spark witch - I bought one anyway. I can confirm that it’s not working as advertised when connected to a VESC. See video of the problem.

It’s working though when I’m push starting it and got a full refund so I’m not that upset :sweat_smile: I will try to print this enclosure and fit the FLPSKY inside of it besides a VESC 4.12 and a 10S3P battery. 3D%20render%20l%C3%A5da

1 Like