Hi5ber - Let's collab to build the ULTIMATE carbon fiber DIY Electric Skateboard

I am also in for a deck if the enclosure length is at least 650mm. That’s enough for a big BMS, 2 VESC’s and a 12s4p/10s5p battery.

Let’s have it so we can at least get 60 batteries, that works well for both 10s and 12s. 50 is not enough for 12s…

Also we should consider that a lot of us will probably start to use the new 2070 and 2170’s cells now instead of 18650…

2 Likes

Seeing how you have many models/styles to choose from already. It appears having multiple design molds isn’t to costly for you. Just my guess.

Id look into having a kick tailed and non kicktailed for preference and 36in and 42in lengths. And so long as your bottom of deck is flat for the compartment, a W concave sounds great. Obviously it’s a mess if the top and bottom of deck are wavy, the battery assembly will be a pain.

The idea of different sized lids for the battery compartments seems clever too. For bottom of deck. Have a near flush fit for probly 40 batteries, a bms and 2 esc’s. And a bigger one for 60 batts.

I’d recommend listening to the enthusiasts and high end crowd mostly as well. Seeing as you are making $200 decks already. Your customers aren’t exactly the budget consumers.

1 Like

Loving all of the suggestions guys! Keep em coming, I’m reading it all and will narrow down on what’s popular in the coming days.

6 Likes

I think we should just choose a few from here and then they could develop them with an enclosure.

I really like the Makako, Lotus, Azure, Raptor, Zenith, Overtaker, Undertaker, Incisors, and Jalepano.

My favorites being the Raptor, Lotus, and Makako. I like the dimensions of the Makako the most, but I think the Lotus and Raptor look so damn good and fun!

Not sure where you’re located, but chances are There is a ESK8 Leader not far. They can probably visit your shop and give you in-depth advice, and basics of what goes into a great Esk8, I Noticed from your web site you have water jet equipment, and CNC you might be able to offer lotts more than just decks,:hugs: and made in America :+1:IMO

4 Likes

I’m actually quite keen on the Wasp. It’s got a nice kicktail!

https://www.hi5ber.com/wasp

I was looking through your current deck offerings and I think the Lotus may be the perfect form factor to start with.

It’s 36x10im, the average longboard dimensions. It has cutouts for big wheels. A 3/4im radial(?) concave.

Using your existing plug and adding the enclosure and other mods may be the easiest and cheapest way to get started.

https://www.hi5ber.com/lotus

2 Likes

u could try and go in a new direction all together taking the idea of gbombs kinda… and making a bracket that can mount on the deck… u can have a tradition bracket, a dropthrough bracket and a variety of angled brackets so customers can flop between longboards for commuting and mountainboards for fun… just a thought

Agreed! I think this or the Raptor are the best choices.

1 Like

I’d love to see an electric Hi5ber Raptor! I’ve been riding that deck for a couple of years, with 4 hub motors, but now I’m pondering enclosures for my belt setup. I’m having mount clearance issues, and will have to get something shorter or much lower profile than my old Sulaco enclosure.

@hi5ber, maybe also consider offering board specific molded carbon fiber enclosures that attach to the bottoms of your current models?:grin: Those flanges on your deck make great mounting points for screws or magnets.

6 Likes

Exactly also we want free shipping 24hr support and some dicount codes

4 Likes

Don’t forget no questions asked replacements with lifetime warranty that’s transferable /s

6 Likes

And a matching money clip…

8 Likes

The Wasp is very cool, but I think it’s too short and wouldn’t be great at high speeds. I’m planning on a Carvon 4WD setup and I would be terrified trying to max out with that lol! Maybe if it was like 38in long… I’m still for the Lotus, Raptor, or Makako.

I still don’t have my money clip

2 Likes

Man I’m lucky as hell then, got my CarvOn , Black Friday FocBoxes AND money clip! ohhh AND I got that Boosted extended battery two days ago

5 Likes

Man I was dying to get the black friday FOCBOX but was broke then. I would have got 4 if I could have… Now I’m gonna have to pay double…

@Hi5ber here’s what @Eboosted made for the Zenith. Isn’t she lovely? :notes: image

23 Likes

Hey @Mikenopolis I’m looking for someone to travel to USA to bring the boards, I’ll travel in 3 weeks but I should get someone sooner.

I’m glad you like it, it was a lot of work but it ended up pretty good.

3 Likes