Hi5iber/Enertion/3D Printer R-Spec Carbon Fiber Build Project 12C

This is my first custom build so I would love any feedback or suggestions! Details on build are below pictures. Thanks!

IMG_1488 IMG_1493 IMG_1495 IMG_1494 IMG_1487 IMG_1492 IMG_1486 IMG_1490 IMG_1496 IMG_1491

Finally finished my winter project! After about 8 battery box designs, way too many design hours, 5 spools of filament, the final version (for now) is good to go! Unity programming and R-Spec kit install and setup was fastest and easiest part of the build. Super impressed on how well the firmware/app was to calibrate and set up. Love the android app for making on the fly adjustments during testing. Made it so easy to dial in.

Decided to use RC packs as I have several Heli’s and planes, and am very familiar with them vs. 18650’s. The smoothness and power of the drive kit and unity really blew me away. Top speed so far was 32mph, and still with more throttle available. 32 was the limit for me, can probably get 36+mph on this setup with full amp settings. Not sure yet what the max miles I can get out of a charge on 12S, but so far 8.3 miles is the longest I’ve gone. Still had about 40% battery left.

Components Bought for Project

• Hi5iber Blue carbon fiber deck
  • Enertion R-Spec Drive Kit
  • Enertion FOCBOX Unity
  • Enertion Nano-X Remote
  • Enertion 100mm Crossover Wheels
  • Turnigy 3cell 5000mah 75C Lipo Packs
  • Novak 30mm ESC Fan
  • Custom Designed and Fabricated Battery/Unity Box- Hyperion Forge Printer, Simplify 3D
  • LED Tail Light
  • LED Head Lamp
17 Likes

FYI-If anyone wants the .stl file for the battery box, let me know and I’ll send it to you.

1 Like

Very clean build, right up my alley

well done!

1 Like

Thanks! It was a lot of trial and error on the battery box design to get to the final version that could take the constant abuse/vibration of riding, still look decent and be functional/easy to open when needed.

Nice, that deck compliments the wheels nicely in terms of aesthetics.

Make sure you put some very fine dust filters wherever the air intake is to avoid road debris getting in your enclosure.

1 Like

Thanks! Good thinking on the dust filter!

image image

Ended up building a custom battery charger setup for board build as well.

4 Likes

Here is a link to the stl file for the battery box.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxjZC8IntvBXYWpZMMziTSVS1f6hGBMM/view?usp=sharing

Box%20Pic

2 Likes