HobbyWing ESCs and Automatic Braking - How to fix?

Can anyone help with changing the settings of Hobbywing ESCs ‘factory installed’ in a WOWGO 3 (and many other boards)?? I just got a new WOWGO 3 a few weeks ago and have learned the hard way that a “fail safe” does the exact opposite of what my Boosted Board does (or doesn’t do); The Hobbywing ESC automatically stops the board when any one of the ‘personalized protections’ are activated. I really like this WOWGO board, but I can’t have fun on it knowing it might brake unexpectedly again at high speed. I also know that Hobbywing makes good equipment, and according to there website their skateboard ESCs are programmable, but WOWGO has told me the settings cannot be changed. I’m just looking for confirmation on whether it is or isn’t possible and I guess any suggestions on which ESC would be good to replace the Hobbywing ESCs if I’m stuck with the factory default settings.

Thanks in advance for any information you might provide to move me along

For reference from HW’s website: http://hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=641&filter_attr=.0

might be you can do that over the remote with any kind of switch/throttle cominbation. I have no idea about the hobbywing esc, so maybe it´s only on your remote wrong calibrated and can be changed by going through the binding process. on other remotes like the gt2b you just need to push a small button on the receiver while the remote is in center position to adjust the failsafe to no brake, no acceleration.

̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶p̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶"̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶o̶̶n̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶z̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶t̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶"̶.̶ Edit: the things listet on the Website and mine, got it.

Failsafes on the Hobbywing cannot be changed by the End User.

Don’t worry if a failsafe is triggered because the braking is very subtle and won’t throw you off.

I cases where

• the Connection is lost
  • The BMS prevents overcharging for example, then the Remote starts vibrating and if the problem keeps appearing it brakes slowly.

I appreciate what your saying. It’s meant to make me feel comfortable with the system and explain what the design intent is - to slow the the board slowly/gradually so that it won’t throw you off. I have No reason to doubt that that was their design INTENT. The problem is that myself and others have experienced it in action and it DOES THROW YOU OFF - VIOLENTLY, if you’re going fast enough. A few clarifications are needed at this. First, I don’t know that my board or ESC‘s aren’t an anomaly among the pool of other boards. And I’m not whining about getting hurt. I was lucky. I will heal and be better. I just don’t want someone else to get hurt worse, or killed. I am not the only one that has reported this issue. Some have sold there board for this reason, some are injured and can’t ride because of it, and then there’s everyone else who either have decided to live with the warning in the front of WOWGOs manual - “your board may lose power and break at any moment due to the dead remote battery, downhill overcharging of a full battery, radio interference, and other factors. So you always need to be careful when you ride in a high speed.” More I think about it the more ridiculous it seems to me. how is one to go fast on the board while simultaneously being ready for it to brake suddenly?