Horrendous noise from motor

Rode my board last night and it was fine then charged it and now today this really loud sound is coming from it. I have taken it apart cause it sounds like its obstructed but it is very clean in there, the motor probably has less than 5 hours on it. https://youtu.be/ydGpByZ8lKA

Sounds like loose a magnet.

Yep @chaka beat me to it…

Take off the c clip and brass spacers and then carefully take the can off… shoot us some pics of the inside

They dont look out of place but they still can be lifted, please check if all of them are the same height. In another words, if any of them are higher towards the shaft inside the bell/can.

Yes I have looked at it multiple times and I don’t see anything out of place.

hmmm, do any of them have some sort of scratches on them? if not, see if the bearings are good (if they dont have any resistance when spinning)

And if your motor is sensored, check of the sensor board is not out of place, that might cause the grinding noise too.

Ok I see whats happening one of the magnets is loose and every time a pad goes by it sticks to it briefly. Is this fixable, it should still be under warranty since i just got it a couple months ago from TB.

1 Like

It should be covered by warranty. It is fixable too but definitely try asking TB for help/replacement or other solution.

1 Like

So TB just told me to glue it back down with JB Weld, will that hold up?

It will hold most probably (I have tried it before) but it means that there will be more weight on one side of the motor which might cause vibrations… depends on how much you use of course. Maybe someone with more experience will be able to tell if it will work without future problems like bearings wearing out prematurely etc.