How can I give back to the community?

Hi, I’m a noob. I have no degree or much knowledge on much of this, and I want to give back. I feel I just ask questions for my own gain and don’t give back to others threads, because I legitimately don’t know how how to fix their problem. How do you think people like me can give back to the community?

2 Likes

See the latest posts and answer it man

He just said he does not know the answers to most problems so that is not a good idea. It is better to have no answer than an uninformed one (just look at me this morning woth @DeVolve :wink: I should have just stayed quiet and inform myself)

All you can do is try to read up and post something when you feel like you can give a correct answer. I guess it will also help us all if you buy stuff from forum members instead of just from china to save a buck. Also goving feedback on products with maybe ideas on how to improve helps the sellers and gets us all better products in the end.

Other than that: sit back, relax and enjoy the ride :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t read that, sorry

Like @Maxid said, study the forum, look, I have more than 1 day of reading time, and this little compared to other guys, just study man

1 Like

Here is lots of people who don’t know much, so don’t worry. I do read thru new comments of this forum few times a day and sometimes give some tips and advises to new members with basic questions. And for example when somebody ask something about vesc i don’t comment, but i do read everything and study new things.

I think it was August of 2016 when I discovered diy esk8s. I knew nothing about motors, longboards, batteries, electronics and so on. I didn’t know what parallel and series meant, I didn’t know what kv was, or what that 6374 on the name of a motor standed for. Literally nothing. Then, I just read a LOT, as you can see. Posted a little, but studied a lot. Tried to get the best parts for me, at the lowest cost. Now I can tell just by reading the title of a build log what it’s going to be like: speed, torque, reliability, price. Now I can help the ones who were just like me, less then a year ago. That’s how you give back to the community

2 Likes

Even little things like posting pictures of your current build can be helpful and inspiring to others. I love checking out other peoples’ builds! :slight_smile:

Help out by getting more people interested. Form a group in your city. Start group rides.

3 Likes

I second what @Michaelinvegas said.

Ride safe, Ride Smart, Ride Considerately, if people show an interest then chat to them.

Send them here and let the others answer their questions.

Actually that poses a good question. Anyone know if there are forum stickers available?

Build a board and share your experience. There are tons of helpful people on here that were once in the same position you are in.

1 Like