How do I handle cracked ABS?

Doesn’t Kaly have 190s or 200s

I like the sturdiness of the 10mm shaft but the limited selection of 10mm pulleys is a bummer. I had to get pulleys from APS and they only have 15T

Only in 6374, won’t fit in my dual rear

Faraday motion got 16 teeth pulley with 10mm shaft. And they did have a 20? Tooth last year.

Are they cut for a 3mm key?

Yes 3*3 an was it 10mm long perhaps.?

If i read the title properly, a cracked ABS? you might better off with a pure acetone to glue them back together. Brushed it over the cracked area, not to harsh and not too much. Connect them back and it will never let go. Acetone melt ABS at room temperature.

We did get a little off topic here. Acetone work better than ABS pipe cement ?

Imo acetone abs works good. Have’nt tried cement but similar stuff…

I don’t think we got off topic here. No one has mentioned looking up the MSDS for ABS pipe cement. Overall, as long as the solvent used can dissolve ABS. It is good enough for “solvent welding” cracked ABS parts.

This is what I use,I use a syringe to shoot a little in the crack (very wattery) then make a slurry of this and a little piece of ABS (black in this case) and put it on the crack. It will melt the two pieces together and you can sand excess off when it is dry. https://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/plastic_adhesives/weld_on_2354/134

my 2 cents

So after losing 8+ screws due to the corners being too tight on my new enclosure, I’m going to try this. I have a heat gun, but I’m not sure how long to heat it for or how to know when it’s enough. Any tips on that?

Use gloves. Push on the are u are hating every few seconds, when it starts to give a little you are ready. There’s a fine line between flex and goop :grinning:.

I cracked my abs enclosure and found a good solution. The guy at the local rc hobby store recommended this stuff called Plastruct Bondene. It’s supposed to penetrate the plastic and bond it together.

I wonder if that stuff is just pure acetone :thinking:

I thought the same thing. The guy said it’s different, but it smells similar. The bottle lists the ingredients, I’ll look when I get home.

Edit: Contains Dichloromethane

1 Like