How do you find a name for your board?

Hello :slight_smile: How do you find a name for your board?

1 Like

You donā€™t find the name, the name finds you.

Or you just name it lol I dunno man whatever floats your boat :smiley:

Iā€™m gonna go out on a limb and say you should call it ā€œSupahSqurlā€ because itā€™s sure to be nuts

8 Likes

Iā€™ve never named any board but i donā€™t do it with anything else so maybe not for everyone ahah

2 Likes

i reserve this name

6 Likes

After suspending belief for 8 seasons of walking dead, Iā€™m tempted to pay homage to Lucille, comfort may be a problem

@Deckoz ā€˜day walkerā€™ related?

8 Likes

Day Walker was because of Wesley Snipeā€™s movies ā€œBladeā€, as I intend to stay trails with it at any hour of the day, Blade was not superhuman growing up like most vampires, but had Whistlers aresenal of high tech gadgets and tools at his disposal. The build is basically a incarnation of Blade, using @Kug3lis and @Nowind parts (high tech gadgets).

But yeah @banjaxxed thatā€™s basically what I do find something I resonate with and roll with itā€¦like Star Wars

Jedi = Master Sith = Darth

Master Evo = like a Jedi, a beast with self control. My Evo is like Yoda lol, can flex when it needs too. Like powerful Yoda.

Darth Icarus = like the Sith, an unconventional build, as Sith are unconventionally trained, that fills my dark desires of skating.

Just find something that resonates with youā€¦ Could be anythingā€¦ :). I donā€™t call my boards by name in person(lol) But I made the names for my build threads to kind ofā€¦ I dunno give a ā€œpresenceā€ to the threads?

8 Likes

I chose my board name Mark 48 after considering what I want to build and after some influence from latest Avengers movie (I am really big fan of Iron Man) I realized that this is my 3rd build and following steps of Tony Stark making his suits over and over as addiction I followed simple Mark schema and regards latest movie I named my deck Mark 48 (The suite tony used in avengers movie)

3 Likes

I like irony and have an adoration for the things I build. I affectionately call my Electric Mountainboard Mishka.

5 Likes

I use names from TV series. Goku for example.

1 Like

Mine is named deficit spending for what I hope are obvious reasons. Sometimes, your friends pick the name for you :wink:

3 Likes

I name them for what they look like in the end. Simple :smiley:

3 Likes

my Evo build is going to be called ā€œClone Evoā€ can you guess where the inspiration came from :wink:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever named my boards or started a build thread. To be realistic I should name the recent one ā€œDaFukā€ since thatā€™s what I constantly yelled out running into problems

7 Likes

I name them after my ex. I guess you got the idea.

4 Likes

My boardā€™s name is Boardā€¦

8 Likes

Itā€™s Logā€™s little brother :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I name my boards for what the subject matter is on the board. The eskate I made I put the joker on it. So I call it the clown prince

1 Like

Scarlet was the name of the color of the Minwax stain i used to do my first deck.

Phat Matson was a deck that Caden Matson asked for.

Witchblade was something i came up with because the deck cutout reminded me of a double sided razor

Velociraptor was a play on using Enertion raptor components at 12S

5 Likes

Why naming your boardsā€¦??

Do you guys name your cars, bicycles, kettles, dogs or kids as well? Lol

1 Like

I name my boards, but not my kidsā€¦I have Daughter1, Daughter2 and my son is known as Unplanned1 or DAMNIT! :slight_smile:

15 Likes