Hub electric skateboard project

Hey all, it’s been a long time coming, but I am now trying to build my own E-skate board. I want it to be four wheel direct drive. Where is the best place to get hub motors? I’m also going to build a 12S 5P battery. If there are any people who have designs for a compact battery. I want to be able to go 40 mph with a 45 mile range.

Hi! I have only built one board with hubmotors, and I used Meepo 2x540W hubmotors with 100mm sleve for 2WD only.

They works just fine. Have been pushing 40A to each motor since 2019 with no problems, thats alot more then 540W that Meepo states as max Watt. With 12S and 100mm sleves the board does 55km/h GPS (34-35mph)

Later on I will try the 120mm Cloudwheel donuts for these hubs. In theory the board will do about 66km/h (41mph) But the hillclimb ability will of course be a bit less powerful. I want to try those wheels to get a more comfortable ride. I do not need more topspeed.

Meepo sells many more hubmotors today:

Other brands like Backfire and Wowgo also sell separate hubmotors as spareparts.

Regarding battery, maybe consider 2 layers of batterycells if you want it to be compact (short!?) design. Like this Reddit - Dive into anything

Yeah that’s pretty cool. My board is 42 in long so I should be able to do that. I would probably do 12s 4p.

What the heck configuration is that. I count 15 batteries on the top and you have two stacks. What is the capacity of one cell? Is that 12s5p? If so I would like to see the configuration because I count 15 cells and their two of stacks so that’s 30 batteries. Can you show a side shot of the battery so I can see how you connected them together?

It is just some random photo from the web displaying a 2-layer battery. Not my battery :joy: :rofl:

The battery I have in my hubmotor-powered board is 12S3P (Molicel P42a) :+1:

Yes I see got from Reddit. But can I see a diagram of your battery?

I do not have a photo of my pack right now. But it is similar to Mboard 12S3P pack.