Hub motor not spinning and continuous high pitched sound

Hi, I’m having a problem with brand new hub motors from boundmotor. I got one working and it is great, but the second one I cant get to work. When I run motor detection it works and gives me data but it also give me an unkown hall error 255 and when I try to set up the input I cant get the wheel to spin with my remote the motor just produces a continuous high pitched sound that will not stop unless you shut off power to the board. I know it isn’t the esc because I switched the esc that worked with the other hubmotor and got the same result. Does anybody have any idea what the issue is. The motor is brand new. I would take it apart and dig around a bit but i’m waiting to hear back from Boundmotor and I’m afraid that they will void the warranty if there is a warranty. I’m using esc’s with HW 4.10, one is maytech and the other is torque boards. I’m running 10s lipos. I’m running the motors in sensored BLDC mode. If anybody has any insight, please let me know, thanks.

1 Like

Hi, there’s a myriad of things that could be wrong.

It would be extremely helpful if you could upload a YouTube video of you attempting to detect the motors. Maybe take a few tips first to make sure you are attempting it correctly.

Possibly would want to check the hall sensors with a multimeter, generally ensure the motors are ok.

1 Like

Great, thank you I will do both.

2 Likes

Found the problem. That’ll be 50 bucks. Sorry. Non refundable.

2 Likes

Also, clear photo showing the wires / connectors on the motor…

Did you need to change the connectors to make it compatible with the vesc connectors?

bad soldering is a common cause of motors not working.

1 Like

Fosterqc, i checked the hall sensors like you recommended and the hall sensor on the blue wire is bad. Now I have to figure out what to do about it should I try to fix it myself or try to get boundmotor to send me a new motor. It might be easier to fix myself but i could be wrong I have never dealt with Boundmotor before.

2 Likes

repairing would be tough… maybe

motor sensors in our application are kinda crappy and usually not even conformal coated

the cheap motors have bad cable management for the halls and stuff.

overall not great.

1 Like

I like to take a new set of motors and cut the wires to shit and put it back together. Then if they fail it’s on me.