Hummie 12s10p 4wd TB 6380 motors SurfRodz 200mm RKP Trucks Press Fit Marcmounts88 Abec 11 107mm Wheels Focbox escs metrpro bluetooth

is it though lol

IMG_20190222_190406_893 IMG_20190207_092410_017 IMG_20190206_101931_638

11 Likes

That battery makes me crying

4 Likes

Don’t cry lol.

For real: do you wanna have flames out off your board?

That you don’t use fishpaper on the positive side off the battery: ok! But those sharp corners can cut in other cells. Also those welds look not that good. Your battery have to deal with much vibration

1 Like

Just so you know, @pjotr47 is a professional battery pack maker, he really knows what hes talking about. Just like everyone else in the thread. lol.

Its about your safety, and the safety of your home and family.

1 Like

THE PICTURES BELOW ARE NOT RELATED TO THE BUILD THIS THREAD FEATURES. I WAS ASKED TO REMOVE IT BUT I DONT WANT TO. I LIKE THIS METHOD INSTEAD :slight_smile:

Im not a large fan of scare tactics, but I think that its sort of ok with something like this

It can even happen to a well regarded company, who have passed levels of certification… something your battery… might not pass

Look at this thread, his battery had insulated caps, and was built decently, and still ended up in a fire

batteries go wrong all the time. You can be a data point for battery fire statistics or be a happy rider :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

All sharp corners have been trimmed BEFORE the battery pack was complete. These pictures are bit misleading. That welds are good it survived 2 accidents unfortunately. Could the welds be better sure fish paper on positives check on my checklist for the next battery… I don’t deal with much vibration on a day to day… but it has been through some of the worst roads without any issues… stay tuned.

Thanks for the warning I have seen my share of these catastrophes online. If any my boards goes up in flames I will be the first post here and on Instagram. I don’t believe it will. You can’t judge a finished product by its initial concept. I got more cells coming I will build better batteries in the future.

1 Like

I want to know, how you can trim those sharp corners when the nickel is welded.

I hope for you that your board don’t go up in flames. I and @anon64938381 have give you a warning.

1 Like

These guys are worried for your safety. We have recently had someone almost lose their entire family’s apartment thanks to a battery fire. You did an “update post” and still hadn’t cut the corners off the positive side terminals. They aren’t doing this to neg you or make you feel bad. They are doing that to help you. Please understand this and fix it.

1 Like

Thanks for interest but it was fairly easy.

I don’t care much about material damage. The most important thing is human lives. I don’t want that he kill his wife/girlfriend maybe kids. Or his neighbors or friends due a battery pack

I will post new pictures once the battery is finished.

Can ask you kindly to remove your post of the fires as are not mine and want others to think so thanks

1 Like

It’s gonna be you if you don’t fix your pack

I figured someone would say that I will post updates of the battery in the future. I should get some work on this board today stayed tuned.

1 Like

He is only linking some other fires. We can’t warn people enough about the danger off battery’s

I understand the concern just don’t want to be misconstrued.

Some guy just burned all his esk8 equipment in California…

1 Like