HyperEV Resurrected | Custom Deck | | Dual Diagonal APS Outrunner motors | Aliendrivesystems Mount | 10S | APS 150a twin ESC

Love the carbon look of all your parts, what have you used to wrap the motor mounts?

I’ve used a simple carbon sticker foil, you can find them ultracheap on aliexpress, prepare to wait 2 - 3 weeks till they arrive though. I’ve received my batch in about 1.5 week which was fast, I’m located in Belgium. Its a very good foil, a little thin, sticks very good to the surface.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-127X30cm-3D-Black-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Film-Carbon-Fibre-Car-Wrap-Sheet-Roll-Film/32314330964.html

I am looking for a solution on how to mount a case on my board, any suggestions? Multiple solutions more than welcome.

1 Like

Okay seems like a tight fit with the alien esc, i’m looking for a L type female to male bullet plug? Does that exist?

something like this :

I mean the cornered connection, the dean plug has nothing of use.

I could use this as well, but i’m not sure i can bend the male plug into a 90 degree direction :

1 Like

If you have a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing you can make exactly what you want in about 20 minutes.

I was looking for the easy way out :smiley:

I will probably try it myself, the alienpowered ESC has 5.5 connectors So i will need

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/_79661__Turnigy_High_Quality_10AWG_Silicone_Wire_1m_Black_EU_Warehouse.html

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/_44946__Polymax_5_5mm_Gold_Connectors_10_pairs_set_EU_Warehouse.html

Current progress.

1 Like

Strip the insulation off the wire for 5mm. Tin the copper core first. Solder the tinned core to your bullet connector in a 90 deg angle. You will need quite some heat so a big iron.

Thanks, it is good practice to enhance my soldering skills i guess. Already did some resoldering with the lightning modules and the SBEC. :smiley: I have a 65 watt soldering iron, also some thick soldering wire. Gonna take a pic when it’s finished without shrinkwrap so you can see if there are any points i could work on.

I will order this and desolder the T connector and solder the male and female together since the 5.5mm bullet plugs are not in stock in the EU warehouse.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/_43082__5_5mm_Bullet_Connector_to_T_Connector_Battery_Adapter_2pcs_bag_EU_warehouse.html

Shame Shame…Hahaha It’s pretty easy, and you’ll have the satisfaction of doing it yourself for much less money. And you don’t have to wait for the post man!

This was easy.

Now i’ll just have to wait for the programming cable so i can program the ESC. It worries me however, one of the inputs of the ESC was a bit loose when it arrived, probably due the mail service not handling it with care and trowing it around, not on the soldering however , it’s a little bit detached from the circuit board, a small film of the board is loose on the battery connector Can i superglue this without problems?

1 Like

Can you make a picture ?

I’ve fixed it, it should not cause any issues in the future, everything is now supertight and super isolated.

I still have to fix the gaps between the enclosures, I’m looking at some double adhesive thick sealing tape.

I ran into another problem though, did a testride, and the belt was touching the wheel so i needed to adjust the mount a bit, and damaged the threads …

should have a new UST aliendrive mount this monday, is it possible to run the dual esc with only one motor or is this dangerous?

Also here is a picture of the old board, i disconnected the led strip but i still have to remove it, i’m looking at a programmable WS2801 strip that i would use on this board to experiment on.

As you can see there were big gaps between the enclosures because i did not have room because i was using two BECs, one with 5v for the receiver and another one with 12v for the front, back and led lights.

1 Like

Now i still have this board that needs converting to anti-push…

I’m looking at a single motor setup, long range, not ridiculously fast. (It’s for my girlfriend) It has Paris trucks. It also needs some griptape.

1 Like

is this board still going strong?

1 Like

It still is :slight_smile: Just had to add more bolts to the battery compartment case, can’t handle shitty Belgian roads :slight_smile: Also the pulleys are now attached with loctite because the tiny bolts were not enough to keep the pulleys in place. Second board is on the to-do list …