I am a newbee and I kinda need some help :)

Single is alot cheaper and just fine for a first board j used a 213kv for ages no worries amp ar worked out take the mah add a destimal point so 5000 mah would be 5 ah then x that by c rating so a battery with 5000 would be. 5 ah x 20c = 100a continuous

1 Like

I sure i am going with a single motor, but wat is the best battery S to make it fast with 80 mm kegels and diys vesc This is the motor i gonna use, i would think about 12S because i am now going for a single setup with 80 mm kegels and with 12 i could make a higher top speed. but i am not sure diys vesc can handle this much amps

collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

or

battery 2 6s together 12s

collections/esc-speed-controller/products/torque-esc-vesc-bldc-electronic-speed-controller

or collections/esc-speed-controller/products/torqueboards-12s-120a-car-esc-opto-hv

than the battery should handle 200a but the vesc could go up to 240A for a few seconds or 50A continous. My question is would the ves burn out out by this much amps?

You will set a max amps in the vesc settings, so don’t worry about too much amps.

Heres a better calc

Calc.esk8.today

The batteries you linked to can only output 52a in a 12s connection theoretically. Many people have found out that these pack only can provide arond 5c. Thats just 26a. The motor you are linking to want 80a at full power, so you will only be able to use 1/3 of the motor power. Just a reminder

Because you are running @ a higher voltage, you won’t actually need as many amps to get the same power. I think that 170 kv would do very nicely

Definitely get the vesc. It’s worth it especially if you’re only doing single drive.

I recommend you choose one of these, or anything similar. I recommend the first one.

Does anyone know how to wire the charging port to the bms