I found a deal for electric mountain board

wheel pulleys also my design :slight_smile: but nothing new

i like you, for me honesty is my rule and i can say customer will be confident to buy stuff from you !

1 Like

Great your post say it all !! and i dont say chinese stuff are same quality as some other high end brand like trampa , or mbs etc but if want something and i know the real price l will try to find the better price ,end of discussion :smile:

1 Like

Diyeboard appeal to loads of people because of their pricing, I believe their markup is still very good

The people on Reddit and some guys here don’t realise that they are buying cheap parts but if they did enough research they can safe their money and time

exactly!! boom!

Buy at your own risk. Don’t expect someone else to help you fix it for free because you wanted to buy this trash. In fact, just ask the courier to put it right in your trash can instead of on your doorstep when it arrives.

1 Like

i just read your post and it’s worse than i thought about thoses cheap china crap stuff but if you have any aluminium pulleys to sell send me a pm thanks

If you buy this, I can only assume you are going to end up like this this guy. And I don’t want that to happen to you. Forgetting your remote, helmet, close toed shoes, to buttons of your shirt, dentures. Trying to do a sweet Ollie in front of the kids at your local skate park on a shitty electric mountain board that probably costs less to make than the shipping cost. Put the wallet away. You’re gonna get what you pay for. Little to nothing of value.

8 Likes

Some of these super cheap Eskate setups are cheaper than I’d be comfortable paying for a non-eskate complete.

Even if its a good value for some of the pieces, everything else it comes with would be garbage.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

What are you saying this guy looks badass!! :joy::joy::joy:

I love that he apears to be wearing sandals too!

Just looked at the photos on the link and this is the badass model they went with:

:metal:t2::crazy_face::metal:t2:

3 Likes

you can see the nice flex of the trucks with a 40kg rider :joy::joy::joy:

Dude, he’s from the OG Wu Tang Clan. Killa bees on da swarm, dawg! Well, just one killer bee, no swarm. Actually, more like lone passive worker bee on a casual ride through the grass, y’all! :honeybee:

4 Likes

I like the idea of browsing to find a good deal. The only problem with esk8 is always price. Half of this site is actually all about group buys, aliexpress link, bbox, escape, hobbyking, etc. I belive all members here look for price cut in an very agressive way. Yet if no one buys it or review it, you have to suspect there s something wrong there.

Personally I have bought plenty of esk8 part in ali. Imported few things this and that, they are not cheap either. If you ask me does they work, yes! Do they do their job, yes! But not in perfect condition. Bended axle, not aligned mount, bad gears cutting belt, etc. In the end, they sit on my garage as a shit show reminded how to cut cost becomes unrefundeable cost.

PS: if you buy quality parts, you can sell it back in the forum. If you buy from ali, good luck :grin:

3 Likes

funny you guys trashing china and the far east when infact you’ll find 99% of stuff is actually manufactured/made there! especially electronics! just because something is lower in price doesn’t mean its lower in quality, many factors are accountable if discussing difference in prices! for example, mass manufacturing, greed, paying for a 'brand, ect… this whole conception of if ‘its made in china it must be crap’ is absolutely tiresome and short sighted…

1 Like

I personally don’t criticize ‘‘China made’’, but rather the obscure way some of the distributors market the low-end products and components. They consistently omit important specifications that all have a big impact on performance and stability.

Typically, things like: *Motor KV, Watt, size *Li-Ion pack cell type/amps *ESC constant and burst amp rates *Rider weight (what decks are compatible with what weight) *Exact deck composition (often lies) *CNC manufactured components? They often use imprecise cast components.

A beginner comes in, looks at the pretty marketing BS and will most likely make the wrong purchasing decision. Other than complete kit builds, their entire mantra revolves around offering parts that essentially are only a fit when combining it with other kit components. Otherwise, the gearing/kv/BMS/Li-Ion are almost always incorrect/inefficient.

Of course, China also produces high quality stuff…but these components are aimed at mass manufacturing at a low as possible cost, sacrificing quality. Since there is a demand for that stuff, it will keep selling.

I drove my Trampa for the very first time today after having driven over 1000km on my old modded china board. The difference is astounding. No clunking noises due to imprecise trucks, proper and stable handling, more efficient bearings…the list goes on. It is just worlds better.

2 Likes

Lots of quality longboard stuff is made in China. But the best stuff still isn’t cheap regardless of where it was made.

The problem is when you hit the lower prices, you start running into things that are sold without QC, without research. A lot of it is copies of other peoples designs without the knowledge or discernment of what made it quality in the first place.

Good wood for board building has to ( generally ) come from the north, usually either Canada or Russia, etc. The cold climate literally is part of what makes the wood so good. Thats why there’s so many board companies out of Canada. You think Chinese companies can source Canadian Maple cheaper than Canadians?

One of the biggest problems is low grade or ungraded hardware. A kingpin should really always be grade 8. Grade 5 is tolerable for smaller boards, but riding with an ungraded kingpin is like driving your car around with a few lug nuts missing from your wheel.

Another notorious problem with cheap skate equip is people blowing out the pivot cup or the bushing seat, which can be catastrophic.

You have to know what it is that you’re doing when cutting corners, otherwise you won’t know which corners are safe to cut. And that sort of knowledge usually drives up prices.

my motors are from china and they are very nice.

else, my vesc is from germany

so, you just need to know what you CAN buy in china

2 Likes

This needs to be highlighted! However try to keep the tone down, we don’t want arguing about chinese stuff in this forum. It doesn’t help. I’d say leave the decision to the buyer, we make suggestion and don’t stand in someone else way of doing. It’s their money, their body and their decission. No one reviewed that board too here anyway, so let someone give it a chance. We keep it peace and quite, ok.

1 Like

i do not want to argue nor beeing aggressive towards chinese seller. I do buy stuff from china, and its doing its task great and is cheaper than stuff from here.

just in my opinion, this board is way too cheap! he can give it a try - but i wouldn’t

That board has been reviewed. Link a few posts above.

1 Like