I make open source robots

I’m a big fan of practicing what I preach. Here’s an example of what an open source project release should look like, in my personal opinion. Please don’t consider this blatant dick wagging, but I’d like to show you where it is I come from when I speak on this topic, so here is one of my OS projects from my career.

About 4-5 years back, I was the principle engineer of the 21st Century Robot Project. This was a project that had secured funding from Intel to pursue and was lucky enough to get to focus on R&D efforts on Humanoid Robots and publish all of my work for about 18 months straight.

3D models:

https://skfb.ly/6HWW8

Codebase:

Controller design files & schematics:

Search “Intel Jimmy the Robot” if you’d like to see it in the news:

10 Likes

This was the result of censorship. I didn’t make this thread out of context.

3 Likes

Super cool stuff!

1 Like

Feel free to post your other stuff here too. Plenty of people will be interested to see your work, it definitely deserves its own thread, no?

1 Like

Let’s not do this publicly guys. Makes us all look badly in the eyes of our friends, fans and customers.

Please.

6 Likes

100% agree with Mr cloud here.

Adult time please.

3 Likes

Donezo. Donezo. Agreed.

2 Likes

You should be proud man, this is some good work.

I’m pretty sure there are other members of this community who will appreciate a dedicated thread on opensource robots.

happy to delete it also, just ask.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re just trying to bait a response out of me, but this entire thing was against my wishes so I’m not going to be posting in this thread any further.

My post was clearly contextually relevant and not off-topic, and was flagged due to a desire to censor me by people who simply disagree.

Go ahead and just delete it. Or leave it up. Your call. But I don’t want to do this like this.

I honestly figured you would have a little more calm and understanding at this point.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think it’s in the best of the community if you just delete this thread @onloop

This wasn’t a cool move to begin with. You know your reasoning was BS, let’s not dance around your intentions here.

@moderators @admins please remove this thread, I did not choose to post it and had no intention of making a separate topic about my robotics work outside of the original context in which it was offered.

Let’s vote

• KEEP thread about open source robots
  • CLOSE thread about open source robots

0 voters

Jason, please remove this thread and stop being a penis friend.

1 Like

I deleted the 3D model thing, now just a link, because it’s too heavy for browser

Not my content man, not my call. See what the community wants.

I personally love open source robotics! Wonder if Boston robotics will ever go opensoure? Maybe they are against OS?

Please delete this. You said it was my decision. I did not ask for any of this and you’re being pretty crappy about this right now.

Please Jason, I’m trying to keep this off your front page.

It deserves to be where it was originally posted as it’s now been taken out of its context. Thanks dude. You told me you were going to change for the better last night.