I need help setting it up: Raptor v2 hub motors (v4) and fsesc4.20

I have the last release version of the raptor hubs (v4) see here:

And a flipsky fsesc4.20.

I am having trouble setting up the braking torque. I only have a teamgee H9 to compare to; but the hubs on that actually do their darn best to try and hold and lock you still. With the raptor motors and fsesc4.20 the braking is so slight, like you’ve started riding into the wind. I am trying to set things up and have adjusted all current max’s for motor and battery. I may be being blocked by the batteries bms, as I’m trying to go beyond it’s limits (it’s a segway/hoverboard motor in good health and condition that I don’t mind going over board on in burst as it doesn’t really mean that much to me) - samsung 22p cells 2p10s (max charge 2.15a, max discharge 10a, per cell)(probably bms limited too).

Either I’m missing something in the settings, or my battery just isn’t up to the job? Can anyone help advise me? The $350 teamgee has better brakes than this (crying emoji)

Heard this is the place to come, so I’m hoping for an answer?

Check motor max negative amp (-Amp used) and battery regen.

Battery regen is for braking at higher speed, while motor negative amp is for lower braking. If its too low, that is your issue.

You can increase battery regen a bit since its only used at higher speed. Just don’t go over the bms limits. Or just bypass the bms and use the battery. Just be mindful not to brake at full charge.

With the battery on full brake I can turn the wheels by hand with ease, just feels like a really rough bearing in terms of resistance. I have set the motor max negative amps to -100 and feels no different to the default -40a, won’t be able to stop anyone moving considerable speed… Any help?

Perhaps its the esc. It may not have enough power for those hubs.