I will repair VESCs for free (free queue FULL) (ENDED)

i think there’s enough demand that you could charge a nominal fee just to make it worth it.

either way, super awesome you’re offering up your services.

2 Likes

Create a shared Google Doc, Enter each VESC’s received date and user name with a date. First in first out system. everyone checks the log prior to making a decision of sending you a VESC. Have a cap of 25 so there will never be more than 25 on your to-do list, once a space opens up you can accept another VESC with a rough estimate of return time

1 Like

That is a very good idea. I’ll make that right away!

I would just use longhairedboy stuff to figure out how to fix it, then offer a service and charge. It’s worth it and you will be offering an amazing service.

Plus if you guys do some driving, you don’t have to ship.

I definitely plan on getting with him and working on all of those. Depending on the time it takes me to fully understand these boards will dictate how long I offer this service for free.

One important thing to note too, the amazing DRVWizard resides across the border in Montreal, and shipping takes ages. Offering a service within the US would be awesome.

Just paid the wizard 45 bucks to fix it, plus the shopping from me to him, for reference :slight_smile:

how old are you? can i just adopt you and have you live in my shop so you can fix things?

9 Likes

I’m 21 haha. I’ll tell you what, if you get me my own personal set of JBC equipment, you have a deal :joy:

I forgot a bunch of awesome creators https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2919

Hey… Why I’m the only one with a black? Is it because I’m a wizard ? :joy: Are you Magicist ?

1 Like

Because you are Canadian? hahaha

Maybe you partied too hard with Michael in Vegas and forgot to put on proper uniform?

I do wonder why there are some not in the purple uniform

Thank you to everyone who messaged me. I’ve received a ton of requests and I plan on trying to fulfill all of them. I will no longer be taking any more free VESC repairs. Once I complete my current queue I will most likely begin offering a paid service once I decide on a fair price and everything. Of the requests that I have received, I will be adding your username to a Google Doc and will fix all VESCs in the order they are received. Be aware I do not have many replacement components on hand and will likely have to order parts and wait for shipping, so repairs can take several weeks. I will do my best to keep the Doc up to date so you can reference that and know when you will get your VESC back.

On a side note, I will be leaving my current job that grants me access to the awesome JBC equipment. In order to continue offering the paid version of this service, I plan on purchasing my own equipment. If anyone would like to contribute to that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

This is the Google Doc where I will be updating the status of your repair. I will add your username to the list when you are ready to ship.

To all who will be using @ThermalM16 ‘s free services. If you receive a repaired VESC, please consider making a small donation for his time and labor.

5 Likes

If you want a few free ones let me know, got some old enertion ones that crapped out their DRV chips. I may even have a spare DRV chip that I never opened since I got a Chaka vesc and it never failed me afterwards.

1 Like

If you want to send them on over that would actually help me out with my build. I have pretty much everything sorted out on mine…except for the VESCs. Thanks!

1 Like

Super interested can I please get your contact info or site or email? Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m still working on making myself a website, but just go ahead and PM me what you need fixed. Unfortunately the free repairs are over, but once I finish those I will be starting again after deciding on a price.

I will def be in touch thanks

1 Like