Ideas for mounting 2x Focbox inside Eboosted Vanguard enclosure?

Hey everybody, I hope you’re all well!

I’m onto my second Vanguard build, finally using 10S!

I’ve received my enclosures from @Eboosted - thanks Alan! :smiley:

Focboxes and other parts from @okp / UNIK

Basically I’d love anybody’s thoughts on how to mount 2x Focbox, while being mindful of heat dissipation. I did think about mounting them on a thin plate, with ‘fins’ coming out each side of the enclosure, very much like how Boosted have done on their ESC enclosure. Very low-profile fins, though (I have a friend who is a tool-maker and has access to CNC machines). Of course, there needs to be space for the parallel connector to power the Focboxes as well as the other wiring.

Dual-Focbox-Eboosted-Enclosure

Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks, Jonny.

2 Likes

Guessing your using a Vanguard or similar flexy deck? While I myself am not assembling my own (thank you @psychotiller :pray:t4:), there are a few threads with implementations one here’s one by EBoosted himself:

Thread

Edit: saw this post was Focbox specific :thinking:, I’m sure one of these vanguard threads have one , try searching for EBoosted Vanguard Encolsures and one of the Build threads that refer to it must have a photo of implementation

1 Like

Might be helpful, don’t think it’s got a heat sink though

2 Likes

Yes, this will be my 2nd Vanguard build, I wrote a little about that in the first post. Thanks for that link! I saw it previously but I don’t think Alan had added photos of inside the ESC enclosure.

VERY helpful, thanks @pat.speed :smiley:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind about heat dissipation on the vamguard 10s4p, it works flawlessly without a jheatsink unless you live in a hilly area and weight 120kg and beat the sh!t out of the motors :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Alan! For some reason I had the idea in my head that I’d have to manage heat! Probably because I’m used to 6S and a 5065 motor - it runs very hot sometimes!

Don’t worry, it works pretty well with no heat sink. If you even encounter a heat rising issue consider a heat sink, in the meanwhile just run it as it is.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Alan :slight_smile: