If you ordered a FocBox from me, I have some news

FOCBOXES are in. Backorders were dropped off at the post office this morning. Everyone should have received a shipped notification.

Also, motors, remotes, and mounts are stocked again.

I’m behind on a few builds due to the delays on these.

4 Likes

focboxes are once again sold out but the new shipment will arrive in just 3-4 days, so feel free to order and i will keep them flowing.

2 Likes

Stuff sells like crack in Compton!

1 Like

@longhairedboy

Good to see you in one of our videos man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I still haven’t seen it! And now i seem to have misplaced my headphones…

Once the new batch is here do I get a tracking number for my shipment (#LHB-1208)?

Cheers

Yes, of course. You will receive tracking once order fulfillment takes place.

Also i just got an email saying they should be arriving today at some point, so they’ll either go out tonight or tomorrow night depending on when it arrives at my locker.

1 Like

Are all of them in this batch already claimed or will you have some in stock?

I’ll still have some.

1 Like

Backorders all went to the post office today. I still have plenty left if anyone is on the fence.

I’m thinking of either ordering FOCBOX’s or an HW6 ESCape. I going to be running a 4WD with hummies hubs. Since I will never go near the erpm limit of 60k, and won’t need ones that can handle more, should I just go with the FOCBOX? Or is there other features the ESCape has that are more than being able to go higher erpm? Can you run more amps and power through them? I also plan on making a 2WD build with a gear drive and that I think could go over 60k erpm. So should I get all FOCBOX’s, all ESCape’s, or mix it up with some…?

1 Like

Escape higher erpm limit as well as higher amp limit.

Like amps you mean?

If the price is similar then get a escape. Focbox is a smaller package and a great vesc. On your 4wd build it’s very unlikely the 4 focbox will be the limiting factor. Same as your dual motor build. Batteries will limit your board unless you’re running plenty of high discharge lipo.

I think you should pick either cause both are fine.

Well the batteries I’m going to be using I haven’t decided on yet, but I’m probably going with a 12s4p, maybe even a 5p or 6p, using Sanyo NCR20700C, or the Samsung 30T, or 40T. All of those have at least 30A, some are 35A. mAh is at least 3000 or more on them all too. So would the FOCBOX’s be able handle that much power say in a 12s6p pack? Since that’s the highest I may go I figure I should have everything that is spec’d for that…

what BMS are you planning on using?

Having a DieBieBMS being made atm.

I’ll also be using the 300A Sparky Switch from @Kug3lis.

Well like the 40T at 6p I’d be running with 210A just at its normal specs. If it was too go up a steep hill wouldn’t that shoot that way up?

Just because you have enough cells stacked to reach a theoretical 180 amps doesn’t mean you’ll ever see it. The DieBieMS is rated for 100amps, IIRC. Split four ways that’s about 25amps per unit, but its not going to evenly distribute that perfectly. But even if you had a 180 amp version made, you’d probably still never see that kind of current draw at 12S. Per wheel you might see spikes coming close to maybe half of that but the vast majority of the time the ESCs are going to split the load and drastically reduce the amount of power each one actually needs to draw, while ironically enough, drawing slightly more on average overall than a RWD. In my opinion, anyway.

@uigiroux I am sorry to tell but your understanding of currents on boards is bit off… I am running 2WD 10kW setup never saw anything even close to 5kW coming out of battery… I am running 20kg board (100kg with me) even the steepest hills never even went over 60A on single esc… There are no currents like that on boards if you ride normal roads and etc, I can’t imagine where you could even reach 100A per motor… Like pulling truck or something?

3 Likes

BTW my setups are all 60 amps, and the DieBiMS setups will be fused at 70 once i get more of them made and start using them in my builds.