I'm new here! I don't know any better ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค˜

Okay so I donโ€™t know if this is allowed so by all means delete if not mods.

My question is I have a giant Maverix border cross and I absolutely hate the thing. Itโ€™s 70 pounds and just cumbersome as can be. My question is is it possible to hack the weight down for one. Next up can I use the parts from this board my battery 800 W motor etc. to Frankenstein a diy. The thing has less than 50 miles on it. Thanks for listening

Howdy! You could probably drop a good 30lbs just by getting rid of those lead acid batteries in that thing! (close to it) Then, with some elbow grease and a little determination you could switch out that brick of a motor and the speed controller.

Itโ€™ll be way lighter, faster, more fun to ride and worth about 400 bucks more.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply to my post! Iโ€™ve got a couple of lithium batteries that went to the Shenzhen special lol. Thatโ€™s what I call those little hub motor fish boards

Iโ€™m guessing the little fish board is 6s which is 22v. You may need to get an 8s or even 10s pack with those huge tires. Otherwise you wonโ€™t really have the juice to get it going very fast.