Inline wheels bonded together

Some pictures

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for posting, I’m definitely doing this now…

Looks quite cool for sure. Would love to see some more builds like this!

Would love to try it out but theres Crappy weather in Denmark atm =/

what tooth motor pulley is that?.. Seems quite sharp :smiley: with not much teeth…

Cool… do you know how many ppl are here on the forum from denmark? Would love to see / meet some more… Im from Latvia and considering going on erasmus to denmark… though, wont happen for at least 2 more years it seems now :smiley:

Btw - can you share a link with your build log? It gets harder and harder to trace which user has which build log …

havent done a build log =) Well i live in Aalborg and havent seen any E-boards on the road. Mostly because its not legal here. The pulley is 16 and 30 teeth 16mm. I made the motor mount from some different Iron i had at hand =)

wow… why arent they legal ? U got so much bicycle paths there… I cannot believe goverment has not thought / allowed to use these paths for eboards :confused:

Yeh, your motor pulley does not have side walls… that’s why I think it looked odd for me :slight_smile: Is the ratio good for you? That looks like quite small / tigh ratio for such a big wheels…

Is the acceleration good enough?

Acceleration is really really good om 78 mm. Havnet done mutch riding on the 100mm because of bad weather. But it seems very nice, only done about 500 meters so far.

@hunter where did you buy your wheels?

EBay, from china. 10 dollars for 2 I Think.

Gotcha, yeah similar to the ones I’m looking to get… cheers!

I finally did it, fitted with 110mm 75a scooter wheels!

It runs really well, soaks up all the cracks and bumps much better than my original wheels, they were 70mm though.

One question, I’m getting much more wobble now, like speed wobble but only going half speed, is this due to the larger wheels?

1 Like

dude I would just get some 90/97mm flywheel clones.

scooter wheels are too narrow, the contact patch is tiny because they are meant to lean. and I’m really surprised if you dont get wheel bite!

1 Like

Looks good! Could you give a better pic of how exactly you attached the pulley to the scooter wheel?

Im seeing some screws but im not sure what is that extension on the pulley’s/cog side of the wheel… I assume you did some metal work to get it all done, right?

Not entirely sure what the reason for wobble is… do the wheels wobble when you turn them by hand? It might be that it is related with the small contact patch (as @saul suggested) … and the micro movements it takes to move the board/wheels out of position that causes the wobble… but im not 100% sure…

You might try to add a second layer of inline wheels (at least for the non powered wheels) and then see if it makes a difference…

(though, I assume you might be getting even better effiency with this setup compared to normal wheels…)

Because they’re SOOO expensive! These four wheels were only £20…

I do want 97 or 100mm Abec 11s though…

Can you explain “wheel bite”?

Wheel bite usually means that the wheel touches the board… and probably might mean also that it touches your foot :smiley: Though, I dont see it as threat to get a wheel bite in your case… the board already has a big cutout (dont know the right name for it)… the only problem might be your feet touching the wheels… (has happened to me)

Thats why I said clones. only $25 a set, the group buy has them going to eu…

and yea wheel bite is when you lean hard and wheel touches the board, instant face plant! :head_bandage: the cutouts are there to avoid this but they are meant for 70mm lb wheels not 90+ that we use…

@Okami Ah I see, no absolutely no chance of that, they’re so far away from the board, especially as they’re so thin, but still far away from where the board gets thicker.

@saul Yeah I think I’m down for a set but It’s been a while, I’m not sure when they’ll ship… :frowning:

I’m sure the clones will ride much nicer! I had this idea a while back for a regular board but then the internet told me it wasn’t a good idea lol

Yeah you’d end up far too high with the wheel height and those risers. However I don’t need the risers, so my deck is just 20mm higher than if I used my 70mm wheels, but they are much more smooth and glide over bumps and cracks.