INSANITY (the 4wd lean mean speed machine)

decided to finally open a thread for my new build now everything has been decided

pics to come

setup:

redember xapham fritted and insanely good looking. with eboosted enclosure.

@ahrav speed drivetrain. fatboy 275 hangers, bioboards 6396 210kv motors, 1:2.6 3ds drives, metroboard stretched and possible to go back to 3ds hubs

spintend vescs on canbus. thanks to @Anubis

12s8p p42a being built by me and prob another 12s6p on top to be used as a range extender if the need comes, llt bms from @Lee_Wright

hoyt puck (soooooooooooo nice) from @Lee_Wright

metr pro and some spare spintend remotes

also davegax and maybe some other telemetry bits if required (robogotchi and gps module)

issues:

bullet and sensor connectors? want waterproofing and easy connectors. @MrDrunkenMobster did you ever make those connectors you were talking about on the freesk8 forum

lights? (want something connected to the port on the spintend)

handle? (as this board is gonna weigh 2 tons)

anti theft stuff: this board costed way to much to ever lose thank yous

thanks to everyone

eitherway if you got any questions just ask below

SECTION II

pic dumb number 1:

best looking deck in the world thanks @jamie sadly usps made a small dent in two of the edges :cry:

IMG_20210208_143947

IMG_20210208_143943

IMG_20210208_144011

IMG_20210208_143956

section III

IMG_20210227_233730

IMG_20210225_122747

battery done switch and canbus cables all created all thtas left is to receive bullets from amazon and to finish the print with the tunnel risers (100% infill so should be strong)

it looks insanely good in the mockup pics and maybe if no more issues i can have this finished tomorrow

thinking about settings now and i was considering per side of the vesc 70 battery amps 100 motor amps -70 -100 and maybe -20 regen

section IV

well heres an update so i went out on an evining ride tonight and the board was super awesome. hit 35mph or so with zero wobbles on mode 2 (dont wanna go to 3 yet as i dont have my new helmet or protective gear) was super fun but gonna need some slightly softer canons up front to help me turn a little easier also gotta get some new shoes as the ones im using kill my feet while skating. the ride is super soft thanks to the wide wheels and also super stable

now the bad news. my metr before was acting weird and saying soemtimes it detected dual vescs and sometimes 3 and rarely all 4 it also wasnt showing data on the realtime page. i thought maybe just an error with the thing as it was writing data to the throttle curve fine. i pressed record and i started skating i went around 2 miles and when i got back it had only registered the first 10 seconds. it keeps just acting weird and dunno if maybe it was wired wrong or its a defective unit.

section well heres an update so i went out on an evining ride tonight and the board was super awesome. hit 35mph or so with zero wobbles on mode 2 (dont wanna go to 3 yet as i dont have my new helmet or protective gear) was super fun but gonna need some slightly softer canons up front to help me turn a little easier also gotta get some new shoes as the ones im using kill my feet while skating. the ride is super soft thanks to the wide wheels and also super stable

now the bad news. my metr before was acting weird and saying soemtimes it detected dual vescs and sometimes 3 and rarely all 4 it also wasnt showing data on the realtime page. i thought maybe just an error with the thing as it was writing data to the throttle curve fine. i pressed record and i started skating i went around 2 miles and when i got back it had only registered the first 10 seconds. it keeps just acting weird and dunno if maybe it was wired wrong or its a defective unit.

section V

well small update today finally got the board working perfect but the cabling at the back is a little messy also installed the charge port properly and got my adjustable charger

went on a ride and it was awesome kept it slow cause it was night and i am waiting for my new helmet to come (bell qualifier dlx)

went around a max of 27mph and averaged 20 consumption 55wh/mile (dunno how bad this is) but i assume it will get better over time when i go on longer rides rather then round the block max amps was 70 battery and 200 motor consumption spike of 1100wh/mile at one point

will post the ride soon

thanks to everyone for getting this to happen and this board is super awesome

section VI

went to central london today with some guys

board was super nice and with the proper bushings i hit 34mph and it was a windy day. i need to get some kit for safety.

also i ordered some moonbeams

also saw a onewheel for the first time and im super hooked. def gonna build one in the future.

last thing is one of my inner tubes burst around the valve so it isnt fixable. gonna need to gte a new one but refuse to pay £10 from evolve (even trampa are cheaper)

thats all for now

section VII

so quick update

i went on ride with @athrx and another guy (your board is awesome man check out his build thread)

and i had a slight issue with one of my motors braking when i attempted to accelerate. @Athrx helped me fix it and we turned on traction control and reduced the sensored erpm and it seems to get along fine now

i tried his mountainboard for a brief time and i found those bindings awesome (mbs f5) is there anything similar for regular longboards?

thats all for now and thanks for reading

section VIII

well thats all for now the board is sadly up fro sale now (tell me if your interested) and each section is a small snip of my journey with this board most insane board ive ever used and really just blows away everything

hoped you enjoyed the read and just ask if you have any questions below

thank you

1 Like

@onloop my build thread entry

1 Like

Did someone hear Cash Prize and get all excited. :rofl:

Looking forward to some photos

2 Likes

yeah basically

ah they didnt upload dunno why

will do a pic dump below

IMG_20210208_143947

IMG_20210208_143943

IMG_20210208_144011

IMG_20210208_144011

IMG_20210227_233730

IMG_20210225_122747

IMG_20210307_002932

IMG_20210308_181656

1 Like

Beastie Board Build Bro

2 Likes

Not a fan of those pointy decks. But thass juss me. The color on the other hand is dope man. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes